Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That sucks. I stopped going to Jiffy Lube years ago. I think it was around 2009 or 2010, I got an oil change there and a tire rotation. A month later I got a flat and when I went to change the tire I realized one of the nuts was at an angle. I couldn't get the nut off without breaking it. I went back to the shop and explained what happened but they said it wasn't their fault. I watched them put a few tires on while I was there and rather than thread the nut on by hand then use an air gun they put the nut in the air gun and then threaded it on. So they must have done that with mine but they didn't get it on straight so it was stripped and they decided not to tell me. That was the last time I went there.

Also, every time I went in they tried to get me to change my transmission fluid, flush my engine, flush my radiator, and a lot of other things that didn't need to be done. Now I only go to the dealership. I trust them completely.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Been to a Jiffy Lube near me on several occasions. Every time they emptied my catch can without me even asking and cleaned the engine bay. The one near me is full of car and truck enthusiasts, so I guess they care about the quality of work they do.

I guess it all depends on who manages and works at the place.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That's sucks. I admire that woman for fighting for justice.
This is also one of the reasons why I always looking what the worker doing to my car when service require .

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not always possible. Many shop's work areas are off limit to customers for safety and insurance reasons. You can still peek from outside, or through see-through window, but some shops don't even have that.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That's not always possible. Many shop's work areas are off limit to customers for safety and insurance reasons. You can still peek from outside, or through see-through window, but some shops don't even have that.
That's true. At least here in the USA it is. At Jiffy Lube I think you can watch through glass. At Pep Boys you can't see anything at at the dealership they take your car to the bays in the back and you can't even see your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.