Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
01 Elantra GLS - Newbie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved down from Buffalo, NY to Ft. Lauderdale, FL last week and needed a car ASAP...

The 01-06 Elantras seemed to be the perfect choice for me and I naturally become an enthusiast of any car I decide to keep for a while. This Forum looks like a nice new home for me and my new ride!

I am looking to do some light mods for a tasteful look and increased performance. I was hoping for the 03-06 models, or even better the new 07+ ... I had to settle for a 2001 Elantra GLS but I am sure it will serve me well.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Get some pictures up when you get a chance. We all love the look of a stock Elantra for some reason.
I think it makes us all sentimental for the days before we started dropping thousands of dollars into a little korean econobox with no resale value. :D But if we didn't, there'd be no EXD so it's all good. WELCOME!

·
01 Elantra GLS - Newbie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Sure thing, gonna go ahead and take some pics. Doesn't look so good though that one of the head lights is brand new, and the other one needs to be replaced (has some of that foggy crap inside).

Dropping money into this car, knowing that you wont get what its worth, makes you want to keep on to it for life!

SuperGLS, have you ever been down here before? Will be nice when I get a pimpin bachelor pad. You could swing on through then if you like!

btw - the Integra was my very first car, years ago... I never got turbo in it!... just a SN I stuck with. lol

·
01 Elantra GLS - Newbie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

The Integra was the first car I ever had, I never actually had turbo in it... its a SN I stuck with though.:redface:

Sure will take some pics of my car as it is stock right now. Needs headlight though; has that foggy crap inside, not sure if it can be cleaned or not... knowing that all the money we put into a car that has an incredible low resale, gives us more reason to keep our cars forever!

Sure SuperGLS, now you have someone you know down here in Ft. Luaderdale! What other members are from around in South FL?

Thanks again for the welcomes, I plan to make this place a nice home for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts