Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
JVC's are very good for there price
Friend of mine used to own car audio shop and i saw first hand some of the features and quality of sound these put out
Not quite as good as top of line equipment but by no means poor
If i didn't end up buying Alpine i prob would of bought a JVC

·
Buffalo's Finest
90 Posts
I would have to say the opposite. I feel that JVC's equipment looks great, but does not perform to the level they should be at. The price is right, but lacks a lot on the build category. Their headunits are not the greatest by any means and lack many features that come in handy. I would look to other brands before I got JVC. Honestly, I would recommend sony headunits over jvc. There are plenty of other car audio manufacturers who make better equipment for just about the same prices. Look around and use jvc as a fall back. I'm not saying that JVC is a bad company, I'm just saying that Car Audio is not their strong suit.

·
Uninhibited persuit of...
24 Posts
My JVC head is great, has lots of useful features, looks great and performs flawlessly. Highly recomended! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
scarfache said:
I would recommend sony headunits over jvc. There are plenty of other car audio manufacturers who make better equipment for just about the same prices.
I'm not going to piss in anybody's pocket here as i'm not that type of guy but SONY?
IMO i find the sony units have a VERY false treble and bass sound to them and for this reason i steer clear of them
I'm the type of guy that doesn't look too much into the feature side of things as this is just a gimmick to get people to buy them - I prefer to go for a unit that will reproduce music as close to natural as possible
JVC units will do this quite well but as stated above they are not the best but are very well suited for there price range
If sony picks up there game and fixed there sound processor in there units then they would be good value but at moment i'll stay clear IMHO

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
if you're not concerned about features, digital dancing dolphins, or three-ring LED circus acts, but want to achieve the best sound quality, spend you money on alpine or nakamichi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree,

Panasonic, JVC, Sony are make good at TV's, VCR's etc.. When it comes to car audio I would go with Alpine.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
I think the JVC's are great looking units, but just like others have pointed out car audio is not their strong point. At least their prices are affordable though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys this thread is a few months old and I've already decided on a HU but thanks for the thoughts just the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts