Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
team redline
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i got my Katzkin interior kit, very nice double stiched soft leather, it has some wrinkles in it from being in the box, but they should go away soon, i have only had time to finish the back completly, just started the front passenger seat today, will post more pics when finished.

Back 2.jpg

Back 1.jpg

·
team redline
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the fronts seem to be easier so far, unlike the rears the top part of the fronts only use 2 hog rings, dont know about the bottom yet, but the hardest parts so far have been the headrests and the center console arm rest.

·
team redline
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well the fronts are done finished them on Friday, you can also see the arm rest in the pics, i will be posting pics of the door panels when done, then all i got left is some ultra suede on the ceiling, pilars, and rear speaker deck.

Front Seats Right.jpg

Front Seats Left.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
What does that whole setup cost? They look super nice... and super comfy... although I'd want to have the door cards recovered in pleather too.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
really good man. Do you have the side impact airbags? if so, do they guarantee they will work. I thought i remember reading that they use OEM style stiching for them. What did they cost you?

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Looks great man. Where did you order this from and like other people have said, what was the cost?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i want to replace my leather in my aviator and make it two tone. But it may be cheaper to take it to an upholstry shop and just have the panels replaced that I want to change, as opposed to the whole seat

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
^ Depends on "who you know". Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. If you can remove and reinstall the leather yourself that might be cheaper. If they have to do it, than maybe not.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
team redline
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah got it off ebay from a Katzkin distributor that ordered it for someone and they never paid for it, so i talked him down to $235 with shipping, the kit came with the leather to do the seats, the headrest, door panels, and arm rest. the top of the seat covers are designed specifically to work with the side airbags, and they have been tested, i would guess anywhere from $600-$800 from Katzkin

PS to Super, if i remember right there were 9 hogrings on the bottom of the front seats

1 - 20 of 29 Posts