Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I received my new flip key yesterday after 3 weeks of waiting so I decided to take it and get it cut today. The local mom and pop hardware store couldn't do and even if they could it would have been $3 so I took it to Home Depot instead. An experienced-looking old man said he would do it for free and inserted it into the auto cutter. After it was done he pulled it out, cleaned it up, and visually made sure the grooves matched (which they did). When I went to put it in the ignition, however, it would not fit. I took a closer look at it and realized that the trenches were on the opposite side from the original. :mad: I was mad but would I have been more pissed if he would have charged me so I decided not to say anything. Now I have to go back to the seller and see if they will sell me just the blank. In the meantime, I removed the guts and put them into the original remote so I at least have something.

PS - Programming the ETACS was a b*tch!

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
that sucks. id try and go back and find that some old man with the new blank. be like, hey man i really appreciate the help but you think you could take another whack at it? lol

also, people always ***** about keys being more than like 50c.. how often do you get a key cut? like maybe once per car? lol
if its 3$, then so be it, its not like you do it very often

1 - 2 of 2 Posts