Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.I'm new on this forum and i hope that you could help me.
My dad locked our car key inside of the car today and we dont have copy of it.
I hope that you have a solution for my problem.
I just hope that we can do it ourselfs if not we will call someone who is professional.

Car is Hyundai Elantra XD 2001 CRDi

Thanks!

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Without a spare, it will require a tow truck or lock smith.

There are about three methods to getting in.

• slimjim - thin metal tool that slides down the window channel to slide the locking rod
  • wedge - prying open the top of the door with a wedge block to create a gap allowing another tool to reach inside and grab anything that will open the door (lock buttons, door handle, trunk, etc...)
  • lock pick - lock smith can pick the door lock.

All methods require skill, it's not something that you will just be able to do on your own in 1 hr or less.

The Elantra doesn't have much to grab on the wedge technique. The tool will probably just slip off the door handle, and there is no chance of it flipping the lock switch. Opening the trunk will not work, because you can't flip the seat down from in there.

I would recommend taping some newspaper to the window and having someone use the slimjim method. They will scratch you window, that's why I suggest applying newspaper to prevent scratches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for writing these methods to me.
I did it with second one and it took us (me and my dad) only 5 mins and it's not that difficult but you need to be very patient.

(Sorry if my english is bad its not my native language)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts