N1 Titanium Muffler
Header and Midpipe
Godspeed Oil Catch Can Mod

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels
Tiburon yellow dot sway bar
White Plasti dipped steelies w/ purple lugs

A/V:
Head Unit(Stereo)
Tibby 8" subwoofer(Sitting in the trunk, not installed yet)
300 watt AMP(Sitting in the trunk, not installed yet)

Coming this month
Complete turbo install

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
cant see the leds at all. def get us some better pics if you can.
as for teh green it turned out good. that is indeed some bright arse green lol.

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
=================================================================

Alrighty guys!

So yesterday, i bought some paint and other things and my LED's came in!

You cant see the light very well because the camera on this phone doesnt take very great pictures at night. . . . but its there and I can see it even with the lights on so it makes me happy lol.

Here is what the Engine cover looked like when I was done painting it!

Like I said . . .my camera is not very good at taking pictures at night :(

I also painted my CAI green!

I will be installing the CAI either tonight or sunday when it is done raining!

Yes it is :)

Yeah, I am ganna try to get some better pics :(

I have a droid incredible that I am using for pictures 8mgpx camera is great! as long as it is not at night hahaha.

I am actually going to go take pictures now.

I am in a parking garage so it should be dark enough that I can see, but not dark enough to mess up the camera!

Brbbbb

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
nice phone, i have the same and yes, night pics SUCK

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The garage is a nice place to take pictures!
PS
The green isnt quite as bright as you guys think, that is just the flash(the real green is here in the garage)

The LED's pull too much power and I was only able to get 1 LED working, they both worked in either socket, but they would both not work at the same time, so I moved it to the middle.

I need a paint touch up on the front of my car :(

There are a buncha rocks on the road in northern virginia and they get kicked up at the car (notice all the black marks) and knock the paint off :(

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
get a relay and hook up as many as you want :D

looks good though.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
you basically run two wires instead of one. one is the source wire, which right now you are using for power. the other goes to the battery. the source wire just becomes an on/off. but the power comes from the batt. so you can wire up a ton of stuff right to the battery for full juice, but still have the on/off controlled by whatever source you want, like headlight, switch, signals etc.

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just finished my CAI!

Pics coming!

I only had to make two cuts, one in the middle, and one on the bottom side to take some length off the end.

And here is the bucket of parts we took off!

Man, that was rough.
I wish I would have been able to take the tires off . . . They put them on with the impact drill and my body weight wasn't enough to get it off . . . I started bending the lug wrench . . .

But I was some how able to do it lol.

·
VIG
252 Posts
Looks good, man.

My one suggestion is to cut that breather and make it not wrap around the tube. It looks like it's getting kinked a bit, plus it will look a bit neater.

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
x2 on the not wraping around it will look a lot better. make go right to it not over and in to it.
Looks good, man.

My one suggestion is to cut that breather and make it not wrap around the tube. It looks like it's getting kinked a bit, plus it will look a bit neater.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
I was just going to ask the same. Without the maf, you're going to run into some big problems. Cut the tube and get it back in there!

Needs to be in about the same spot it was when you took it out.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Here is a way to use a relay and ground trigger to turn on fog lights. Which you can use the same concept for you LEDs

From your other post:
If you want to hook up the DRL (small blubs) to operate without the headlights, you can use a relay. If you want them on when the headlights are off: If you hook up the trigger wire to the Positive of the headlights, it will get a ground when the lights are off and the DRLs will be on. When you turn the Headlights on, the DRLs will turn off. You will need a diode for this, but I can come up with a diagram for this if you want to do it.

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?29790-What-do-I-need...&p=409994#post409994

1 - 20 of 528 Posts