1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to install a Kill Switch.
Has anyone done this in his/her car?

I read somewhere I can just install a some kinda on/off switch in the wire that controls fuel pump, so that fuel is not delivered into the engine with the switch off. Is it so?

YJ

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
do you have factory keyless? if so, you have a built-in starter kill.

if not, it is definitely possible, and easy, to install a kill switch. you can do either starter kill or fuel pump kill.

·
Registered
638 Posts
yeah you have factory immobiliser but hey 2 deterents are better than 1
if you mount switch in fuel pump line i would personally put it on the ground wire - i will be doing something similar to mine for extra peace of mind
so i'll have factory immo, viper alarm with it's immo and kill switch :)
think that should keep it with me

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
when the alarm is triggered, power is cut to the starter. the only way that power is restored to the starter is by disarming the alarm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I do have factory Keyless. I didn't know it was an alarm though. It's just that I got a letter from the insurance company and it said unless I get a "Kill Switch" installed, the insurance premuim will increse.
Is the factory alarm "starter kill switch" considered proper kill switch by the insurance companies? If so, where can I get a document that states the factory keyless system has a built in starter kill function so my premium won't be increased.

thanks

YJ

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
this may be true in your market (australia, i surmise). but US/canadian spec elantras do NOT use the key transponder system. interestingly, the schematics are there for it webtech. meaning that the elantra must have that feature in some markets, but not north america. in north america you can have any generic key cut for our cars and it will work fine.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
yj2k1ve,

look at the burglar alarm relay in teh schematic. when the ETACM (the alarm module) sounds the siren, and the key is turned on, the relay gets activated and cuts out power to the starter relay. that's how it works.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
Look. I don't care what you think about your car.

I love mine and the last thing I would want to happen to it is get stolen. I know someone from not too far in my area that had his elantra stolen. Not many mods either.

Especially since i'm ordering the alpine kit next week, i have another reason of being scared. I will have a nice IC mounted right in the front and people who know what to look for will know what i have inside.

Cars are cars man. Civic is one of the most stolen cars, but it is the cheapest shit Honda sells. The elantra is the second cheapest car in the hyundai line, i dont understand why people wouldnt steal that.

Anyhow, i just dont want to wake up one morning and have my car stolen, after having this idea, and would want to beat myself up with a remote control because i never installed that 5$ kill switch.

Also doohickie, i noticed that the quality of your posts is getting lower and lower.. why is that so?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Here's how I installed my kill switch;

Find the clutch interlock switch. It has two wires coming out of it. Cut ONE of these wires in half, then attach a length of wire to each half. Then run those lengths of wire to where you want the switch mounted, and mount the switch. When the switch is off, the car thinks you haven't pushed in the clutch.

And people need to stop being dicks around here. If he feels this is necessary, then let him do it without your critisizm.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
Excellent!

I will DEFINATELY do this, since I have no clue where the fuel pump wires go through.

ON question though, ricer. Now we're technically switching the clutch interlock switch(lol)

Though do you know what the clutch interlock is actually killing when it's not pressed? (i.e. fuel pump?). Don't worry, I am going to do that exactly, though I just want to know as a piece of information.

EDIT: DOH at my stupidness, it must be killing the starter LOL since it only needs to be pressed when starting it up.

Thanks!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Just make sure you stretch before attempting this. You'll be on your back in positions you never thought possible...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts