Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I liked how people driving me had there lights with HID's and i was interested in buying a pair. Then my friend showed me his and told me they were an 8000k pair and I was sold. So I did my research and found that ddm had a pair for around 50 shipped and came with LIFETIME warranty, after seeing this I decided to go for it. I ordered them, and on the 8th of March my order was placed (verified, being shipped, etc.) I read the website and it said that the arrival time is usually 3-5 days and would rarely be 7-10, I was so excited to get these in that I would always be checking the mail. After about 10 days I started to get worried, it was in san francisco for about 2 days on the 18th and was wondering what the hold up was. I emailed the company twice 4 days after that since it was still proccessing in san fransico. They told me that they contaced usps and it would of been updated soon, so i waited and waited, it finally arrived the 24th after a 16 day journey. I was a bit disapointed in how long it took but they arrived in new condition and got them installed in no time thanks to the DIY here :redface:. I hardly drive in the night so i didn't really check how they looked until tonight, which leads to the second half of my flame.....

I turned my car on at night drove around for about 20 mins, pulled in onto my white garage door and noticed that my left HID was a good 8000k color while the right seemed to be about a 5000k color. I thought for sure it was my HID and then switched the position on them from left to right and vice versa and even moved around the ballasts just to make sure, sure enough my right was very blue while my left was crystal clear. Since they come with warranty i contacted DDM through email and am now hoping for a quick reply. I just hope they get me a correct color, and I dont have to pay for shipping, it took 16 days for them to send a small package!!!! I dont want it to get there and back in a full month, i personally asked if i could keep the off color since i didn't have any headlights (i do, i kept the hallogens just in case) and hopefully they let me keep them but i doubt it, i was reading around and it said that they like to replace both HID's if this kind of thing happens. For the 20 mins i had my HID's on i felt that they did good, lit up the road very nice and didn't get high beamed a single time. But i just feel like the amount of time i waited for them to arrive plus the mistake i got is too much. Wish me luck with customer support, im gonna need it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That white looks great. What company are they. I am looking to get some 3000k brights and fogs, and 5000k for the regular lights.

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they are crystal clear, but sadly they are not both crystal clear or both blueish, and they are from ddmtunning.com, for around 50 bucks shipped for slim hids and lifetime warranty its a good deal.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Yea, they do look off colored. Good luck with the wait and customer response. I had to wait for close to a month i wanna say for my h1 bulbs by themselves, but mine were the right color

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean these bulbs are great and customer support emailed me when I woke up, they told me since I told them this before 7 days that all I have to do is cut the bulb wire that connects to the ballast, take a picture, show them, and another pair will be coming my way. Problem is, I don't want to wait another 20 something days for them to come so Im gonna try to find a picture of cut hids online, unless anyone has a pair that is already broken and would like to cut the wire??

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Why not cut the wire, take the picture, then splice the wire back together?

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts
^^^

Just cut it, then pull the casing back a little bit and then just stick both ends in a crimp(http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=Jp10T4eeEoTy0gH2lMn_Ag&ved=0CIUBEPMCMAE) then you use pliers and smash the crimp together at the middle. Then throw some electrical tape around it. That will hold you till the new ones come. PS, crimping tools make working with wires a lot easier.

This is called wiring for the electrically stupid(aka me). But that means it should be easy enough to understand.

But do that and it will hold you over.

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmn well plan A was going to google and finding a picture of someone doing this, lets just say i went through 15 pages and didn't find a single pic. So i guess I will do what you guys said, it seems simple enough. I called customer support and the guy told me to cut one of them and save the other as a spare, so I think doing this will only take a while, Good thing i kept on to my Hallogens, or else i would have been out another 20 bucks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea I'm sorry to hear you went through that.

DDM tuning usually is great. I bought my dome lights, trunk lights, license plate lights, HID lows, and HID fogs from them. All fairly fast shipping and good response times. Always got the right thing too. I think your order was just a lemon unfortunately.

Anyway, Paul should be able to take care of that problem for you. I like the 8000k HID look (I have them in my fogs) but I prefer 6000k in lows (which is also what I have). Not a large color difference but enough.

Hopefully it'll get taken care of soon enough

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should have gone here:
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/index.php/

Paul's a great guy.
I learned about his website the day after i placed my order, but i did buy a full led kit for my car so i'm waiting on that at the moment. Probably gonna buy some fogs soon and get some 3k's from him.

And i think if tomorrow will be beautiful i will do a lot to my car, finish plasti dipping my badges, plasti dip rims, plasti dip exterior trim, cut hid wires and try to reconnect them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts