Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to bring this old thread back from the archive forum.. I plan to go back to this mod sometime in the future... The reason i'm bringing it back is that at the time when I did this mod, I had used some dielectric grease on my plugs / wires and it somehow caked and corroded and the car ran like crap for weeks on end.. I thought the problem was the knock sensor mod but it wasnt... but i never bothered to look at it again..

Anyhow, here are the pics:

I removed the knock sensor from the back of the block beneath the intake manifold and relocated it to the fender well area in the engine bay. I fabricated a bracket to hold the harness.

The purpose of this mod is to prevent the ecu from misreading the knock sensor and backing off timing when I dont want it to...

basically, i'm disabling the knock sensor but the ECU still thinks its working.

If you attempt to do this mod, be sure that the sensor is grounded to the chassis otherwise the ECM will generate a code.

enjoy the pics !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.
Can't see the photos. Seeing as this post is ten years old, I figure they're not hosted anymore.
I was wondering if you could confirm is this is the Knock sensor connector on a 2004 Elantra GSL. It's disconnected and busted up on mine for some reason, and I'm having the hardest time confirming online which connector it is.

Much appreciated.
2011-02-23_053427_cmps.jpg
2014-11-15_16-12-05_66.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts