Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys tried this brand before? I need to make my decision pretty soon and one thing that I love about tirerack is that they test their products and have reviews on all sorts of tires. Although their rim selection isn't very big for the Elantra, I can trust knowing that these rims will fit perfectly on my car. I don't want to have to worry about what hubcentric adapters to get and these rims seem pretty light weight for cast rims at 14.1 lbs. To me it looks just ok, but do you guys have any idea of the quality of these rims? 14.1 lbs for a cast rim sounds almost TOO light.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Kosei is good quality. And they are well known for their lightweight cast wheels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a few buddies that race on the Kosei K-1s they're pretty light for 15"ers.

As for hubcentric rings.. I needed them with my Rotas.... While it's true that not all wheels will require them, there are a bunch that will. If you need them, Tirerack will know. They are pretty inexpensive. I think they may cost you another 5 bucks ....

I like em, what size are they?

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be getting 17's. The dual valve stem is supposedly for racing purposes, where they use nitrogen in their tires. I am not familiar with that technology whatsoever. I think Konig's "Racing" line of rims have dual valves also.

Quite a few of the guys on the newtiburon forum said they experienced wheel vibrations/shake after installing aftermarket rims. I'd hate to spend that much money on aftermarket wheels to find out that my car drove better with the stockers. That's one reason why I'm leaning towards getting it through Tirerack.com, since they are pretty thorough on what fits and what doesn't. The only problem is that they're wheel/tire bundles are a bit more expensive, but then again these are very lightweight rims. With the Yokohama AVS ES100 it'll come out to about $1300-1400 including taxes and shipping to California.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up not getting the Kosei's after all, but I hope you guys will like the ones I ended up choosing even better. I can't freakin' wait! I should have them installed by tomorrow. I'll post pics ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts