Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
STRIKE 2 ! so far, i have spent about $800 total on intake mods... kspec intake and evo fusion BBTB... i have managed to make my car 4 tenths of a second SLOWER than what it was doing before using the stock manifold and stock TB..... WHAT GIVES !

car runs 3 tenths slower than before with the BBTB.

It also idles higher for some reason...

I have not yet utilized the Split Second fuel tuner...

but after i got home from testing.. I played around with it at idle, ..

the car idles at 1000 to 1000 rpms ...

if i turn down the low end fuel setting to -4 it idles back to stock levels... this means that its getting WAAAYYY too much fuel at idle... which may also be the case at WOT...

so, i'll go out again tomorrow and test again with various fuel settings... and then we'll see what I can come up with...

here are the times, in the order which i actually ran them:

15.99 @ 92
15.98 @ 91.8
15.99 @ 92.1
15.78 @ 94.2
15.58 @ 94.3
15.84 @ 92
15.76 @ 94
15.86 @ 92.7
15.86 @ 91.8

and just for reference.. here are the previous best 1/4 mile times with just the stock ported manifold and stock ported TB ..

#1. 15.78 < Warmup @ 93.x
#2. 15.43 @ 94.x
#3. 15.34 * Best time with this combo. @ 95.1
#4. 15.48 @ 94.4
#5. 15.41 @ 94.2
#6. 15.48 @ 93.9

here are the pics...

This is how much of the stock gasket I had to cut to fit the size of the NEW TB...

TOO bad its not even nearly as fast as it looks :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
now will you try a stock TB with that manifold? I'll even go out on a limb and predict it will improve driveability over the BBTB and perform about the same or a little better than your bored stock TB.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
what is the air temp diffrence between those runs. (from stock IM to kspec)

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Hey Ford, what about adjustable Cam Gears? Maybe an adjustment is either direction of the intake and exhaust cams might help things out a bit.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not sure if i'm ready to go that far yet... it will be a huge mission to get those adjusters installed + they cost like $150 each and i'd have to buy two of them... one of the exhaust cam (timing belt pulley) and one for the intake cam ( adjustable sprocket).

then i'd have to tear my upper engine apart just to get them installed...

i dont know how much more i should put into this car before i realize i'm wasting my time lol..

I could be riding a sportbike right now... :) with all the money i would have saved.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
im going to the track soon and im not expecting anything special with my lights mods. If i break 16.5 ill be happy. Im not going to spend any more money for the engine... seeing what the IMs and tbs do.... atleast not n/a anyway.

·
Registered
429 Posts
witchdctr. i have a short ram and 1/2 a cat back and i pulled a 16.67. you should get close to a 16.5

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm sure you have already answered these questions but here goes. First, what if any upgrades to your stock ECU are you using? Second, would a stand-alone custom programmable engine management system yield results given the extensive top end mods you have? I know that when the Honda guys start to get into high horsepower NA tuning they almost always use a stand alone. Lastly your current stats and state of tune are an admirable benchmark for the rest of us NA guys, current IM problems aside of course. Good Work!

·
Registered
454 Posts
fuzzy pictures make my eyes hurt. Use a macro function or something. Is that what your message was about last night?

·
Registered
371 Posts
evil247 said:
fuzzy pictures make my eyes hurt. Use a macro function or something. Is that what your message was about last night?
My macro feature doesn't work right because I dropped the camera one too many times... lol...

But ya tap and die (or dye?) kit my dad is suppose to get from a co-worker tomorrow, point is I shouldn't have to do this... this was the worst I've ever seen on a threading job...

And ya Evil, thats what the message was about, fking shizzznit...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts