Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, this is in response to this thread: http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721

it is the one with the group buy on the kspec intake manifold.

first of all....

thanks to
rckozma
Super Moderator for locking the thread before I could reply. You know i'm the only person on this board who threw $600 into the garbage and you LOCKED the thread so i could not reply... very smart thinking there dude.

next...

this intake DOES NOT WORK on an XD. since you need to custom (RIG) your idle air control valve using shit-steel to actually have some (bullshizzle) level of functionality...

next... you DO NOT GAIN ANY horsepower with this intake... actually ... YOU WILL GO 1/2 a second SLOWER than stock.

YES. THIS IS PROOVEN. and you can ask (SED) who raced me after i put it on and he actually BEAT ME... which i was beating him by MORE than half a second in the 1/4 mile before I Installed it...

then I thought i was smart and intsalled a bbtb from evofuxion and guess what ????

I went another 2 tenths SLOWER and he beat me even EASIER....

my point is...

please copy and paste this reply into that thread for EVERYONE on this message board to read the truth and not be tricked into buying this POS that does not work with a (stock) engine in any way whatSOEVER.

Thanks for reading all of this shnizzle.

:angryfire

edit: I would also like to point out that if any moderator locks this thread they are totally selling every exd.com member out.

also, that kspec intake pictured is the one for the beta1... my intake DOES NOT HAVE all of the vacuum ports shown in the images on their website... actually.. you will also have to seal the big (ASCE) one that is in the center-bottom underneath the plenum since NOTHINg actually attaches to it.... plus you can delete like 3 of the vacuume ports shown since they dont even come on the one for XD which IS STILL missing the IAC valve port....

I bet some of you are asking... "if that was the wrong intake, why didnt you send it back for a refund".... here is my answer.... because the last time I had a problem with a korean aftermarket seller... they refunded my $$ but kept 30% of the total sale price... I'm not about to loose that kind of $$ for NOTHING considering that I plan to sell this intake to someone with a BUILT engine who can actually benefit from its flow capacity when they reach that level of modification.... but this absolutely WILL NOT help anybody who has a stock/bolt-on engine setup.

:fiddle: f-ing bullshizzle.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Hey way to start a flame....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All I have to say is be thankfull that there are companies EVEN trying to get parts for the XD. You all whine like you have other alternatives to get parts, like it is soooo easy.

At least KSPEC and Redz are trying to help

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
For the most part, intake manifolds on boosted engines require less attention to design and careful shaping of runners, etc. I have seen turbo drag cars that just have sheetmetal boxes welded together as their manifolds. the fact that it works well on a boosted engine really doesnt equate to performance on a naturally aspirated car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Spike,I agree with you, but if your referencing fordfaster when you talk of ppl "whinning" and such, i don't think fordfasterr complaints should be considered "whinning" i'm sure hes utterly thankful that companies do what they can and make a few things here and there for our cars...but when a company list one of there products as fitting a certain car, then you have to modify the shit out of it to actualy get it to fit, i think thats a very valid reason to "bitch" and "whine". he paid $600 for a product that A) didn't achieve shit B) advertised a bullshit N/A hp gain and C) took extensive modification to get to work properly. I'd feel a little ripped off and pissed too.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
but when a company list one of there products as fitting a certain car, then you have to modify the shit out of it to actualy get it to fit, i think thats a very valid reason to "bitch" and "whine". he paid $600 for a product that A) didn't achieve shit B) advertised a bullshit N/A hp gain and C) took extensive modification to get to work properly. I'd feel a little ripped off and pissed too.
Well as I have mentioned the BETA isn't known for insane NA horsepower gain, and when someone insisits that it will be worth it to try something then they have to be a pioneer and take the risk, wheter it be money or testing a new theory out, this is what tuning is all about. The modifications done for the US spec car wasn't that hard to do from the looks of it, I am sure that is wasn't for anyone that knows simple schematics and electricity.

I remember on FXTREME seeing some rigged parts etc..for the tiburon and thinking the same thing like WTF, but we have all learned a lot from them (at least I did)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ford, go blow yourself. It's not Kspec.com's fault you can't tune your car.

LOL

Whatever. It was locked because the guy didn't know I help run Kspec.com, that's all.

Get over yourself and stop wishin you had a Tib.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
ok:

1. You are trying to sell something to people that you YOURSELF stated will not work well on a N/A stock motor. Yet you come here with the apperance of helping out. More like helping your wallet.

2. He DOES have a tib, and its faster than your p.o.s

3. You are a disrespectful prick.

4. You think people are going to buy things from a company representative that comes to a place that he DOES not frequent and tells people to blow themselves?

5. "It's a proven device, I'm sorry that I don't need your approval to know this" If its proven then PROVE IT TO ME.

6. "I brought this over here to see if I could help some folks out get a expensive part for cheaper that has a HIGH sales rate for the rest of the BETA 1 and 2 fleet" IF Its such a "HIGH SELLING ITEM" where are they dude? In korea? In japan? In your ass? Where are the cars with this intake manifold????? Show me anyone other than Ford who has one...

7. "This is a sale, not a discussion." Yeah because you can't handle people telling everyone else the truth about this. YOU ARE SELLING A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT DOES NOT FIT THE CAR YOU ARE SELLING IT FOR . "Only a little modification is needed for the betaII" Well f%$# that, I am not and no one should give you 600 bucks so they can SLIGHTLY MODIFY it, thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

shawn

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
REDZMANG said:
Ford, go blow yourself.........Get over yourself and stop wishin you had a Tib.
I do have a tib. Everybody on this forum knows i have both the GK and the XD.

look, don't get e-pissed at me because youre selling a product that is meant for highly modified engines that nobody on this forum has...

I tried it, and i got fucked over. I am man enough to accept the responsibility for making that choice and wasting the $600. Thats why I didn't (and won't) try to return it or ask for a refund.

Everyone on here knows that the air-scam intake is a great product... I never said it was bad ( i actually said POS). ... Everyone already knows that it did not help ME gain any power over the ported stock intake. But thats not the point.

And as far as tuning is concerned... your right... I might be able to gain some more power if i had an aftermarket ecu that i could tune on a dyno.. but sheesh... if that was the case, I could just tune the engine with the stock intake and get just as close to the peek power of the air-scam since you cant even rev the stock motor much past 7000 rpms without blowing it apart...

anyhow... now that we've had our talk.. :phone: .. don't tell me about HA... where is HA anyway ?

I wonder.

·
Registered
497 Posts
REDZMANG said:
Ford, go blow yourself. It's not Kspec.com's fault you can't tune your car.

LOL

Whatever. It was locked because the guy didn't know I help run Kspec.com, that's all.

Get over yourself and stop wishin you had a Tib.
Maybe I should forward your comments to KSPEC and show them how their "representatives" represent KSPEC on these forums.

I think I will.

--NY

·
Registered
497 Posts
:iamwithst

·
Registered
99 Posts
1. Correct it won't be any magical NA mod. But it will still work and show gains. There ARE turbo's you know, and that is what this is made for, FI. FI = Forced Induction, just so you guys over here know that.

2. ... And how would you know? So wait, my Tib is a POS but his isn't. It's the same car. Moron.

3. No, I'm not, came here polite and friendly, but I see the rumors around the rest of the community about EXD are true. Thanks for showing us that.

4. Yeah, blow yourselfs. You'll get more HP. BLOW, you know, FI. Turbo/SC. Get a life man. :rolleyes:

5. Workin on it. Sorry, not everyone that buys from us posts on all the internet forums, a LOT of them don't participate with them at all.

6. I did bring this over here trying to be helpful, I thought this site was for all Elantra's, not just the XD. Huge seller in Korea, not so big in Japan. The Japaneese aren't really Korean friendly, and vice versa, read a history book. There have been about 12 of these sold to the US that I know of. Random at HA.com has one but his Tib got totalled by a 18 wheeler. Littlejohn at RDtiburon.com has one on his drag tib. Cybershark at RDtiburon.com has one as I stated before, in his NA Tib, and has said it makes a huge difference. Cybershark is getting his new clutch in and is going to dyno it after it's in, but he has a few mods. Nothing really fancy yet. Should be a decent baseline. Sorry, but this IM won't fit in my ass. Maybe yours?

7. No, that is a "GROUP BUY" or "FOR SALE" forum. Most of the rest of the internet works in a way where you keep the appropriate discussion in the appropriate areas. I see that this entire forum ignores that and is just a flame/flamer free for all. It does fit the beta 1 and 2. Simple. If you can't hack drilling a hole and welding a bit, you shouldn't be modding at all. Sorry. People all over the place buy stuff and modify it to fit their cars to move faster. Sorry if you aren't one of those. The quaife LSD is like 900 dollars and has to be slightly modified to be installed. Still, plenty of folks buy them.

Again, sorry I didn't know that everyone on this whole site had Beta 2's.

FordFasteRR said:
I do have a tib. Everybody on this forum knows i have both the GK and the XD.

look, don't get e-pissed at me because youre selling a product that is meant for highly modified engines that nobody on this forum has...

I tried it, and i got fucked over. I am man enough to accept the responsibility for making that choice and wasting the $600. Thats why I didn't (and won't) try to return it or ask for a refund.

Everyone on here knows that the air-scam intake is a great product... I never said it was bad ( i actually said POS). ... Everyone already knows that it did not help ME gain any power over the ported stock intake. But thats not the point.

And as far as tuning is concerned... your right... I might be able to gain some more power if i had an aftermarket ecu that i could tune on a dyno.. but sheesh... if that was the case, I could just tune the engine with the stock intake and get just as close to the peek power of the air-scam since you cant even rev the stock motor much past 7000 rpms without blowing it apart...

anyhow... now that we've had our talk.. :phone: .. don't tell me about HA... where is HA anyway ?

I wonder.
Ewww... You have a GK? No wonder then. Now I fully understand why you are the way you are.

LOL <-- That means Laugh Out Loud = I'm kidding, joshin with ya.

I'm not Epissed at you man, I really thought there were more well tuned Elantras out here than there is I guess. I've never really been to this site before yesterday. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

How did you get fucked over though? I mean really. I've bought things that didn't work out right but don't consider myself fucked over for them. I take responsibility for it like you did and don't do it again. As for your Ramair IM, do you still have it? If you want to sell it I know of several folks that would take it off your hands, they'd just have to patch up the hole ya know?

Real Engineering is working with us on ECU tuning, it's moving, but slowly. I don't know if you've seen but Rob at HP is getting AEM to make a plug in harness for their fuel controller hardware, so that should help plenty of stuff. Personally I wish there were more simple electronic options for us.

Air-Scam? Hey, maybe you just showed that it doesn't work well on a NA XD, but it's far from a scam. You know? I wouldn't be buying one for me if it were a scam mang.

HA?

www.hyundaiaftermarket.com

You're registered there, I've talked to you before there a bit. I know it's you because you spelled your name the same.

Or did you think it actually went under like Tony was talking about? HA.com is still up.

Lastly, I am getting one for myself, I know it's not fantastic for a NA setup but it works better on the Beta 1 than 2 obviously. I didn't know that before now. I AM going turbo in the next year, Speed-factor is a short drive from here and Tim is gonna help put a turbo in my Tib. Having this allready will make a big difference for me and I can sell the Onpol BIM I have sitting here next to my desk.

Word, it's talked out. You guys enjoy your modding.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
ugh i'm done with this.

I'm sorry for getting involved people, I guess I should just go and hide my face because mighty kspec has put down the hammer on me.

I won't be posting anymore

shawn

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
REDZMANG said:
1. Correct it won't be any magical NA mod. But it will still work and show gains. There ARE turbo's you know, and that is what this is made for, FI. FI = Forced Induction, just so you guys over here know that.......

You guys enjoy your modding.

Wait... but you said:

Larger and ported/polished ports will improve approximately 15~20hp for NA tuned cars.

DAMN !

Just like the 20 whp EvoFuxion cat-back ! hehehe

ohh wait...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

First of all, I am sure 90% of you know me already but I am David from kSpec.com
I guess EXD got a new type of forum so that my ID was deleted.
I re-registered the same as before that I am known as joonie78 among Hyundai communities.

A user/customer/visitor(?) was good enough to e-mail me about this matter and Redzman (Jeremy).

First of all, I will back up Redzman what so ever. Just because I met him in person not as business related, but partial business related and friendship as well. No, it's not like I have been friends or 'bros' with him for years and years, but ever since I got to know him he helped me / us (kSpec) in great many ways both visibly and invisibly. Yes, world is harsh and even good friends can back stab you at times but he has yet to do that. What I want to say is I will trust Redzman more than anyone in this forum, and although this is a flame section, this (talking sh*t) to Redzman is the only thing that makes me angry.

Now onto business from the neutral point of view. The reason I say neutral is because Airrams are not made by us so I am in the neutral position between the customer and Airram company Sinseung.

One thing to CLEARLY point out is that, it will not gain 15-20hp in NA vehicles just be adding this item to it. Not a single item will do this much hp gain. Even a turbo, back up hardwares and softwares have to be there to increase 20 or more hp. Then why did we post 30hp gain for turbo and 20hp gain for NA? That is simply because we translated the description from the vendor and other online store in Korea. I don't think there is a need for us to say "although vendor claims 20hp gain, it isn't true." Nothing works out like that.

I do know that ever since fordfaterr purchase his first item (headers) from us, it didn't go through well. And as he claims with the purchase of Airram that his time actually came out slower, it simply shows that he has no luck from our company. This could be my lame excuse only for ford.

I am not sure how many of you know but I own a Turbulence 2.0L in Korea which has a turbo setup. And my intake manifold is OEM. Why don't I use Airram? That is just because I don't see need of it. But does that mean that I cannot offer them in the site? We have figured out this since we jumped into this Hyundai community. We dare to post up high priced items to some worthless cheap blue lighting accessories. Customers/visitors will choose before the purchase.

To be honest with you all, NOT everyone is happy with Airram purchase in Korea either. A lot of drag/circuit machines have it and a lot of them don't have it. As you know not every OEM vehicles from the factory has equally same quality or same power. I think this is true for any aftermarket parts as well. Some OEM Tuscani 2.7s go up to 252kph in stock form and some don't even go over 230kph.

If you read through our small forum in kSpec.com, I or whoever answered about the Airram told customers to purchase it because it was an awesome item. 9 out of 10 times, we have said it will probably be worth less in stock form of motor, but as you go into high cam setup or forced setup, then larger ports will have more positive effects than negative effects.

On a 2.0L Beta platform, adding from air intake, headers, throttle body, mid pipe, and exhaust will probably add around 15hp gain at the wheels IF correct range was set. Number 15hp? It might sound lame from all those bolt on parts that you added, but there is a large improvement and you can tell this if you test drive a bone stock car.

Not the one million dollar question would be, if I add Airram to above bolt on setup, will it increase hp? Probably yes and probably no. But I am 90% sure that the answer is close to no. Because you will NOT feel wow my car feels a lot faster. To most of people, instead of lame hp numbers, 'feel' is important.

My turbo based on Garrett's small T028 turbine produces only about 200hp at the wheels. Most people call it lame, why? Because as you know a lot of turbo cars in Korea are 300, 400, 500 hp. Can they be daily driven? Can they be daily taken to the track and beat down? Nope. Can my car be raced everyday? Yes.

To give you guys a comparison, on my lame 200hp lame Turbulence, I have beaten S2000 at drag racing. I wonder how people can explain that. FF VS FR. Heavy VS Light. HP VS HP. In which department could I have beaten S2000? probably only in torque. What I want to point out is HP is a number. Just a number. You buy this item, you get this much HP. We have NEVER told that to anyone before if you ever talked to me or written at our forums.

I do see that ford and other users actually drag tested and got the results and I respect that. But just because you didn't get happy results, so you say this item sucks and the person e-mailed me said, I will not recommend kSpec to anyone from now, is just I don't know how to say, my English is limited for being a Korean.

I know Redzman didn't want to leave out EXD users on this GB that is why he posted here. He is simply doing this because he likes me, he likes cars, he likes Hyundai or whatever reason he has. If he brings me sales, kSpec.com makes profit and not him. But in this case, for some reason, he has failed you XD users. And I don't blame him nor blame XD users.

If you guys want to say Airram sucks from the results that ford found out, then by all means, I don't want to defend it by saying Airram is the best. This probably is the longest post/e-mail/or whatever you call that I have written for the first time. This probably shows that I am somewhat disappointed, mad, frustrated, and not sure all at the same time.

Like I said, customers make choices. And if XD users do not want to participate then no hard feelings and that is just the way it's going to be. I just want this flame section to be concluded in a professional manner other than this item sucks, this person sucks, and etc etc.

If you have any product questions, please be free to post on our site. Will try to answer as far as my knowledge allows me to. I cannot participate in forums as much except NT.com just because we are their sponsors and they have our small forum in there. Although I still push people to post on kSpec on site board.

So again, no hard feelings, no one is a childish baby here right?

Any more replies are welcomed.

Thank you and I hope I said enough.

David Lee
kSpec.com

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
That was a well said, intellegent responce to alot of emotion.

The reason that I got involved in this, is simply because someone from your company came to our home and personally insulted a good friend of mine, who was just trying to educate the people whom which might think that this part would be good for him.

Why would he come to our forums where 99.9% of us are N/A stock motors, some with extensive bolt ons, but STOCK nonetheless.. I have heard many good things about your company, but I also have heard complaints. Not anything HDKish, but simple glitches, most likely from international business.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I really do appreciate what you and your company are doing for the hyundai community in the United States, but remember you are running a business here, you have to know your customer base. I know that he wanted to include us in this Group buy, i understand that and that is a very nice gesture... BUT at the first sign that we couldn't/shouldn't use this product, he started insulting people. So i responded, perhaps immaturely, but responded in turn.

I am not saying that I didn't cause some of the emotions flying behind the keyboard, I take responsibility for my actions. I am simply stating that your company falsely believed that this was a product for ElantraXD...

I just think next time you should have your associates try to conduct business like business people and not personally attack anyone who might disagree with them. He acted like a 17 year old kid who said his car was slow!!!

Once again, I apologize for my part in this whole excapde, It really should not have escalated to this level at all...

And my opinion, if you want to sell to us, make sure you know what we have and who we are... Nothing like this will ever sell on this board, if you offered something for our motors even, then I'm sure you would be quite happy with the turnout.

shawn

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shawn, no offence, but I was attacked when i walked thru the door. Being that I've posted here now what, 10 times in the past 24 hours, how the hell would I know that most of you are NA and aren't interested in buying bigger ticket items?

Why did I come here to bring this GB? Think about what you are asking. The REST of the Hyundai Tuning community tries to help eachother out, obviously it's not that way here. When someone new comes to the forums, such as RDTiburon.com, we don't yell "get out of here noob" or "you want to put what on your car? You are so stupid." No. We try to nudge them in the right direction and away from 2F2F stuff. I personally will not be returning to this site, there is little traffic and from what I see here, you don't want it. No problem. And as a final note, I didn't insult anyone or get defensive until I was attacked by the lot of you.

Now there are 2 tuning worlds, one for Hyundai, and one for XD's.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I only reacted, I did not instigate. Ford is understandably upset with your company... He did not attack you personally sir. He simply stated that the airram would not be benifical for us.

Like i stated, I apologize for the personal attacks towards you, but i felt that you had no respect for him for no reason.

I understand that you would not know about what we have here, I understand you are not familiar with us, and our cars.... BUT why wouldn't try to find that out before offering a 600$ part to us???

Also, you started this little flame war with your responce to Ford... We made it MUCH bigger and understandably you reacted in turn.

I don't want anyone to think that we are like the Honda tuning forums, we have respect and liking towards all hyundais... At least I do, i can't speak for anyone else. And noone told you that you were a NOOB and to get out. It is simply that fact that you were uniformed of the situation.

shawn

1 - 20 of 55 Posts