Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a former bike geek(the pedal kind) and devote most of the month of July to watching/reading about the Tour de France and I thought I'd share some of my enjoyment. Here is a great site to keep track of the progress of the race and the Rider Diaries are good fun reading as well. Velonews Tour coverage Tyler Hamilton is one of the contributors to the diaries and his writing should be very interesting this year. For those that don't know Tyler Hamilton is an American and last year he crashed in the 2nd stage breaking his collar bone. Most people would have just given up and quit but Tyler pushed on riding another 18 stages to finish 4th. I'm torn who to cheer for this year as I love Lance and would love to see him win a record 6 in a row but Tyler's performance last year was awesome to say the least and he is a fellow american.
Like I said in the title Lance and the US Postal team have moved into the #1 spot with a win in the team time trial today. Go Lance and US Postal let's make history with #6 and good luck to Tyler(it'd be nice to see two americans on the podium).

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I'm not going to lie and say I care about pro cycling, but I am interested in the Tour de France. I think Armstrong has drawn lots of attention to the sport and I think that's a great thing. I've been watching some of the coverage on OLN and I think it's pretty exciting. It's amazing to me that they can bike for over 2,200 miles... I'm afraid I couldn't go 15 without wanting to never ride a bike again, haha.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung, and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. ~Lance Armstrong

·
Registered
687 Posts
2GTS said:
I'm a former bike geek.
your not alone.My dad and me alway watch the Tour.My old man used to race pro in Cuba so he got me in to it

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I raced bmx for a couple years in jr high and high school and then I moved on to mt bike racing. A bad knee put me out of action for a while and it's been hard to get back in the swing of things. It's hard to find riding enjoyable when coming back from being out of the saddle and strugling with what used to be a walk in the park. I need to just buckle down and start logging some major saddle time and it'll come back, it's just so frustrating in the mean time

·
Registered
687 Posts
that man is a machine.He looks unstoppable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts