Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably should have just PM'ed Super but here goes. Are the mouse-fur panels in the GLS door panels held in the same way as the leather panels in the GT? That being metal folding tabs and the armrest screws being the only thing retaining the leather portion of the door. The tweeters I have will not fit in the stock GT location without MAJOR surgery on the door so I need an alternative (like just replacing the panel part) Figures I should take a fairly simple mod and make it complicated as hell. LOL

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
as an alternative, i would suggest surface-mounting tweeters on the inside door mirror trim piece. the sound will be far superior compared with the stock GT tweeter location. plus you don't have to cut a hole in the door panel.

oh, and the GT panels are NOT leather, they are vinyl. no one seems to get it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I answered my own question! The mouse fur is glued to the door panel upper not a separate piece as in the GT. Oh well! So I've taken the GT door in half and will try attaching the GT upper with PLEATHER to my GLS lower. Trust me I get it but the vinyl is a lot more LIKE leather than the mouse fur that is in there now.

All done! Swapping the door upper panels worked, The leather is in and it looks great pics soon I swear.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is pewter with grey interior so all grey with grey pleather on the doors and console lid. Very very nice like a S class Benz up front, I am very happy with it. Pics to come I swear on my soul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts