1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OEM Upgrades:
OEM Woodgrain Dash Kit
OEM Tiburon Pedal Set
OEM 19mm Tiburon rear sway bar
OEM Cargo Net
OEM GT Leather Shift Knob
OEM GT Suspension (struts, springs, shocks)
OEM GT Alloy Wheels
KDM 3-way windshield washer nozzles
KDM Tiburon Multigauges
KDM Business Card Holder
KDM chrome tweeters & GT tweeter panels
KDM chrome interior door handles

DIY/Non-OEM Upgrades:
Mussa Front Strut Bar (thx Vsolo)
Alpine iDA-DX300 Stereo (MP3/iPod only! Well, and bluetooth or satellite radio, if you want)
Akron iPod/iPhone mount arm
Thule Roof Rack
Euro Antenna
Chrome Instrument Cluster Rings
LED Dome Light (via Diode Dynamics)
LED License Plate Lights (via Diode Dynamics)
LED Instrument Cluster (via Diode Dynamics)
Clock Color (matches the multigauge)
Garmin Nuvi 360 GPS + Handsfree Bluetooth

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
If I looked I could probably find it myself, but where did you get the card holder, and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CuddleBug1899 said:
If I looked I could probably find it myself, but where did you get the card holder, and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks. :)
Vsolo picked it up off Carbonman when he was still selling them, I think for around $15 or so. However, he has a GT, which has no space for the card holder... so I nicked it off him. I'm not sure who sells them anymore... I believe they are KDM only.

Oh, and on the old board, there was a fellow (who doesn't post here anymore, apaprently) who actually got the Clarion/Hyundai system stock with his Elantra... I believe he lived in Texas. The one I got is from an '01 Canadian Tiburon.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Damn. I just wanted something to take the place of those little black placeholder things. They make it look so plain lol Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just gotta sucker another person into selling KDM trinkets like the cardholder, heehee.

Though I've never dealt with them myself, everyone says wonderful things about Kspec.com & Dreamka4u.com, and being that they are in Korea (right?), maybe they can do a special order or something.

I quite like the ticketholder, it's a lot more useful than those placeholders ;) Especially if you're on the turnpike with any frequency! I keep my business cards in there, you never know who'll need some nerdwork done.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well I wouldn't need it for the turnpike tickets because I have ezpass but I'm sure I'd find something to stick in there. I'm gonna check out those sites and see what I can find. Not that it's important and I need it now or anything but I figure I'll check it out and see what I can find. If you happen to come across anything, would you mind shooting me a message? Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a tool. Carbonman has em still, and is selling them for $8 a pop. That's a steal. Go here.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
you are a tool :diablo: When you you going to post (or modify your first post) with the new dash instruments pics ? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't stop! My torque gauge isn't hooked up, and my fuel gauge still acts funky. It would have been completely embarrasing! Seriously though, I was driving by Allentown at noon, and then at 3am. I don't think anyone was around during those times :\

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Changed my clock color today, used some plastic from a broken CD case, and orange stage lighting gels, layered four deep.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Working on that. Primarily, I want to make sure everything matches. Red LEDs produce an entirely different color than the Tiburon Orange that the stereo and the guages are in. I've tried to get bulbs from Tiburon clusters, but the guy who does the conversions (that I found) throws them all away (ARGH!)

Mostly, it's a matter of finding the free time. Trust me, if I could do it all at once, I would, becuase this wood dash fits a lot more snugly than did my black dash, and it's a bit of a pain to take out and put back in.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
KeWLKaT said:
Where did you buy the Euro antenna from? I'm looking for those.
They're all over eBay, going for $14 + $4 shipping by Antenna X. It is my experience that you do lose some reception with this smaller antenna, but I don't listen to the radio very often anyway. It looks like on their website they sell a power antenna for $30 as well, might be a nice option.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Updated 3/29 with a photo of my new chrome gauge rings.

·
BORICUA
79 Posts
Your car is looking awesome!!!! How is your Dad doing??? Keep it up!!!!
I feel like I am behind the power curve with all you guys... Divorce stinks. Too damn expensive!!!!!! :angryfire

1 - 20 of 68 Posts