That's badass. If only I had TV to watch it on...:laugh:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I haven't seen it. Looks interesting.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
I watched it on Discovery HD as they simulcast it on Every Discovery channel all at once. Lol on satellite they clump all the Disc channels together and there is a SD and HD version of each channel so i had like 8 channels in a row all playing Life.

The show was awesome, as with Planet Earth quality of the HD is as good as it gets, amazing filmography and some simply jaw-dropping shots.
That said.. I was not nearly as engulfed as i was with Planet Earth. With Planet earth i was Glued to my seat and the only bathroom breaks and times to get a drink and such was Commercials. With Life, i felt like it wasnt as big a deal if i missed a little.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
it was cool but not as good at planet earth (seemed alot of jumping around from one place to another, maybe im just used to the planet earth setup where they do one region at a time.)....the shots and everything are spectalcular! and the creatures that they will have on future episodes should be really neat to watch.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
it was cool but not as good at planet earth (seemed alot of jumping around from one place to another, maybe im just used to the planet earth setup where they do one region at a time.)....the shots and everything are spectalcular! and the creatures that they will have on future episodes should be really neat to watch.
i feel the same way, i thought it jumped around way too much. but its more about the amazing things they can do and less about the nitty gritty of that animal itself. which while i still liked it, i was prepared for more of a planet earth pace, so i wasnt quite as engulfed as expected.
still awesome though

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is it just me or have they included footage from Planet Earth in this new Life series? I could swear I've seen parts of it before...

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's possible. I haven't seen all of the Planet Earth series so I can't say for sure. Besides that, did you like it?
Oh for sure, at least the first episode. Currently downloading the rest since it's not on TV here. Haven't seen a David Attenborough documentary I didn't like yet.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Cool show, but i'll admit, I only caught it because it was on right after my show. River Monsters, with the Demon fish last night. Pretty wicked!

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Those small two inch gobi fish that climbed up that huge waterfall were amazing. Best of the night for me.
That was pretty awesome, i was sad when the one got tired out and then they said they dont all make it.
Nothin beat the little meercats falling asleep, i think i had a cuteness overload

missed this weeks went and saw Alice in Wonder Land.
not a bad call lol. i just saw that movie Sat, i liked it.

Cool show, but i'll admit, I only caught it because it was on right after my show. River Monsters, with the Demon fish last night. Pretty wicked!
What channel was that on? im guessing discover is still simulcasting it on all channels then? cause they played last weeks from 6-7 and from 7-8. then rolled into this weeks on the regular Discover channel.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tonight wasn't as good. Birds and Creatures of the Deep. There were a couple cool birds. The pelicans that because fishing in the area has depleted their food have decided to go eat the babies of some other birds were pretty cool. Some of the underwater things were cool like the squids and the cuddlefish that could change its skin color a bunch of cool colors (like each millimeter had a LED that could turn 50 different colors). Cool.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts