Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I posted in the off topic forum, a thread with 3 links to videos, and it got locked. I put the first video there as one that had no relationship to the others. The last 2 were to stir up peoples ideals and morals, and instead of getting feedback to them (especially the last one, which is another push=pull product of US actions) I had people running scared with their tail tucked in fear and disgust. Believe me I dont like them either, but without seeing this dark side of conflict how can anyone point fingers at who is right or wrong in the world. No im not saying what was done in the last video was right, because it wasnt by any means, but human respect is a give/take relationship. This is a flame to all those who watched but couldnt muster any words of emotion, other than im scared wheres my mommy.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
PM me the links. and a general description of what they are would be nice

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Well, the last clip has already been discussed.
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471

The other two were a girl puking into the mouth of this other girl. That was sick.....very sick.....almost made me lose my lunch, seriously. Ugh........How that can turn anybody on, is a mystery to me....yuck.......
And some guy getting his throat slit. I BELIEVE that this vid was proven to be fake. I remember seeing and reading about this clip about a year ago.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was unaware that this topic was discussed prior to this in such depth, what happend to Nick Berg was, yes mindless, and my heart goes out to his family. But america brought that on themselves with their own actions in the prison, everything comes around 10 fold, its almost poetic justice.

As for the Russian Soldier video, watch it, his eyes, mouth and cheeks move that is not a fake video. That kind of stuff does happen in the world, we have done training with Russians overseas and yes they are crazy, they use live rounds on each other for training. I watched them toss 60mm mortars at each other as jokes...What happened in that video is entirely possible.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
well you have my response in the Deleted text of that thread, like it or don't thems the rules. And here's some more ;)

I don't think anybody is running to their mommies, its digusting needless to say, I wouldn't remotely consider even telling my mother I watched such a sadistic act.

however, you can still discuss the actions of the video without providing direct links to it. This is a car/automotive forum, (ie. a specific purpose) if people want to see the video I'm fairly certain that they can find a link using one of the many search engines. This is not the place for that type of material. Similarly to nude pics / videos / etc etc

Feel free to discuss ;)

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
carbonman said:
well you have my response in the Deleted text of that thread, like it or don't thems the rules. And here's some more ;)

however, you can still discuss the actions of the video without providing direct links to it. This is a car/automotive forum, (ie. a specific purpose) if people want to see the video I'm fairly certain that they can find a link using one of the many search engines. This is not the place for that type of material. Similarly to nude pics / videos / etc etc

Feel free to discuss ;)
If this is a "CAR/AUTOMOTIVE" site per say than why have there been links in this forum to commercials, and peoples girlfriends...if this is strictly such than get rid of the "OFF TOPIC" and "FLAME" sections all together...sorry this is reality and for one moment I came out of my Hyundai Modding mind and looked around. I can accept it, and im an infantry soldier that faces that kind of stuff at one time or another. Though I will not look down on a person for their beliefs or what they deam right or wrong.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
The mods do their job, they moderate. If something is to offensive and off topic they remove it. I'm sure that a few minors also frequent this site and if we can't trust the mods to keep this site somewhat appropriate then what can we trust them to do? I myself support the decisions made because as stated they do not belong on this forum at all... this is site is mainly for Elantra enthusiasts and I don't want to come on here to see crap like that. It maybe what's going on in the world today but I don't recall ever seeing anything like that on my way to and from work/skewl so I can care less if it's happening somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
a person posted something they thought was making a statement or would reciprocate one. it was scrutinized by a moderator of an automotive website. that persons stance was that it didnt belong. true. but the retaliatory remark makes equal sense does it not? even if on a level of lesser impact. both persons have a point. if we are going to discuss our elantra and how to put a metal pipe in it to give it 10 more hp then lets not see a link to nick bergs beheading in between the words exhaust and mods to come. but by the same token lets not leave the door open by having an off topic section on that automotive website. this being said. . i think everyone should know that it was a bit innapropriately done. . . links might not have been necessary and it could have been done a bit more tastefully such as an independant thread with warning in the title. all in all who was right here is what it comes down to i guess. well maybe not . . maybe the mod is automatically right. . .not cause its carbon but well he would be the equivalent of the boss of that section or what not . . . you catch my drift. . .interesting nonetheless. how's that for conjecture slow 2K2?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok first Felixr I do agree with what you said about everything having its time and place, I knew that prior to making my original topic, which title was "WARNING" and within I didnt specify what the videos were but I put the least distrubing one first and built up from there. People chose to watch them, even when I labeled the two killing videos as " VERY DISTURBING" (for the 2nd one) and "THE WORST ONE" (for the Nick Berg one). The reason I gave it that title was so people might venture into something they werent 100% sure about. To some it makes sense and others call me crazy, im sure there are more of the second option.
As for you Rabid, you said that you didnt recall seeing it on the way to or from work/"skewl" and didnt care if it was happening elsewhere in the world. Well its attitudes like yours that make problems hard to overcome. So what you are saying is that say your neighbor gets shot/raped you wont care because it wasnt you? Of course you will, and dont lie because its human nature, shootings and rape are two common things in the world so you know that yeah they are real. The US is at war right now and im sorry if you cant understand that things like that are going to happen. When my entire unit was deployed overseas, I didnt think that anything would happen to my friends, well I lost 3 of them. I now know almost anything is possible, sometimes God forbid even the worst.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
I care about my family, I care about my friends, I care about my girlfriend, I care about my co-workers. There are handful of people out of Florida that I actually care about and think about. I can careless that we're at war because it doesn't concern me... if I agreed/disagreed on the reason for the war I'd care but since this damn war is meaningless since there's no real point to it I can careless what happens to the people involved. I hate how our government is running things and they brings these deaths caused overseas upon themselves, I can only hope that sooner or later they'll realize this and make some changes. I understand I sound selfish so whatever. I felt bad for the affects that this war is having on people in our military but that's why they signed up so I don't think twice about it. And since I live in a nice upscale neighborhood where crime isn't a concern I don't have any reason to care about violence or what-not. I'm very passive and have never been in a confrontation in my life and I'm happy, I hope to go on living my peaceful life... but I still frequent the shooting range since I know that not all people are peaceful people.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well in your defence that is a good response, im glad that you do care about your family and friends, as a father of two I can respect that. Yes the war is meaningless and it is the Govt's fault, though the people in the military may not have signed up to be in direct combat. I did but that is a different story. As for Mr. Berg, he was a civilian non-combatant, that is what bothers me most about it, not the fact its a product of Bush's ego war. I was upset at what the US did to the prisoners, yes, but again a product of the chip on Bush's shoulder. Anyhow that is my 2-cents worth.

·
Registered
880 Posts
well i'll add my piece...war is never pretty. the kind of things that were in those 2 videos go on daily at war. i've talked to many veterans of the afghan war ('79-'89) and world war two. they have storries at times even worse than what you can see in those videos, especially the ones who were caputred. what's going on in iraq right now is not anything new and not any more disterbing than things that were going on during every other war. the thing is, until now the images of war were not available for everyone to see. you can argue wheter it is a good thing or a bad thing that the general public can see what really goes on. IMO it's not needed at all. you can say that it brings awareness and gets rid of ignorance. HA to that. i grew up without seeing war first hand or in real time on TV but somehow i still managed to learn that war is hell. what i'm trying to say i guess is that there's no need to broadcast something that grafic to get your point across. and once you bring the subjects of minors being exposed to something like that it stops being a yay nor nay question all together.

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
(Rabidboy)"I can careless that we're at war because it doesn't concern me..."

Rabidboy, it concerns you in every way. If we don't bring the fight to them where do you think the fighting will be? If we don't defend our way of life, how will your lifestyle be affected? Taxes, income, property, etc, etc... I work hard in places you can't imagine to make sure that fight never comes to you. So sleep well tonight, because even in the elantra community, there are those of us who will give their LIVES to protect your passive, upscale, shoot a gun for fun, personality. AND yes, that's what I signed up for.

As for the clips...wrong time and place, but YOU (freedom of choice which I also protect) clicked them didn't you??

end of rant

·
Registered
880 Posts
iraq wasn't planning to bring any fight to the US and sitll no proof about their connections with the terrorists. correct me if i'm wrong on this one. afghanistan on the other hand is a different storry.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its not so much who started it, its the fact that its happening and that some of us are directly affected by it. And to some of you it may not be a concern because your day to day life isnt touched in some way, but what happens if one of your children says "hey I want to sign up, do something for my country." Will you still sing the same song???

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
I'll say it again...
I can careless that we're at war because it doesn't concern me.
I honestly don't lose any sleep at night knowing people are out there getting killed... that's life... accept it. I don't like when people preach to me about my freedoms and rights. I'll be honest, I don't know what it's like to be poor living in a country that's run by a dictator... but since I don't know what it's like I'm not going to care. I have these freedoms and rights because I was born here, I didn't choose where to be born. There's all this crap going around about the military defending our freedoms and rights but then the government takes away some... it's bullshit. So if you want to rant and rave about the freedoms your protecting then feel free, but the freedoms we're losing are the ones that really play a role in my life. Congrats for those who enlisted in the military, I could never do that so I'm going to college. All in all my mind is made up about all this, I realize the world sucks and there's nothing the military can do to make it better.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
"Though I will not look down on a person for their beliefs or what they deam right or wrong."
I don't view it as either right or wrong, I'm trying to be impartial, simply put that material was inappropriate for this site, whether it was in the off-topic section, the flame section or the beheading section.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, before I start I do understand the rules to the off topic forum. Its either a full auto site or its nothing, the off topic forum has the higest thread and post count on the site. Yes I know you say that the links were out of place here on EXD, but look at this.
Ears Stretched (As a note, Evil im not picking on you, I love piercings too)

Come on now, by the rules that is out of place also. So what is it 100% by the rules or a bend here and there. I know im being a PITA about this whole thing and yes it would be easiest to just ban my IP addy so I couldnt come back. My question for you is, just how fine is that fine line?

·
Registered
497 Posts
RabidDogBoy said:
I'll say it again... I honestly don't lose any sleep at night knowing people are out there getting killed... that's life... accept it. I don't like when people preach to me about my freedoms and rights. I'll be honest, I don't know what it's like to be poor living in a country that's run by a dictator... but since I don't know what it's like I'm not going to care. I have these freedoms and rights because I was born here, I didn't choose where to be born. There's all this crap going around about the military defending our freedoms and rights but then the government takes away some... it's bullshit. So if you want to rant and rave about the freedoms your protecting then feel free, but the freedoms we're losing are the ones that really play a role in my life. Congrats for those who enlisted in the military, I could never do that so I'm going to college. All in all my mind is made up about all this, I realize the world sucks and there's nothing the military can do to make it better.
You young man are a prime example of why this country is headed into the crapper you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and spoiled by liberal parents.

This war and everything thats going on in this world DOES effect you, as was said if if US and coalition soldiers were not out their giving their lives their would be more US citizens dead from terrorist acts, even you in your "nice upscale neighborhood where crime isn't a concern".

And yes the government is not doing everything 100% correct but they are doing something. You don't like it vote...still don't like it move to France.

--NY

1 - 20 of 28 Posts