Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, It happen this morning when driving to work....I didn't think my music was that loud but a Damn motorcycle cop stopped me. :mad:

The ticket is $71.50!!!:eek: :eek: Has anybody been ticketed for a noise violation? If so how much was your ticket. About a year ago my husband received a ticket for the same thing and it was only $44. Maybe they are increasing ticket prices....but damn that to me is too expensive!

Attachments

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Check you local laws on noise pollution, if there is a decible level listed and the cop made a judgment based on his hearing and not a device to measure the actuall dbs you could have this thrown out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What do you have for a stereo that makes it so loud?

·
Registered
883 Posts
2GTS said:
Check you local laws on noise pollution, if there is a decible level listed and the cop made a judgment based on his hearing and not a device to measure the actuall dbs you could have this thrown out.
...very easily thrown out, just try it, can't hurt anything, they are simply expecting you to pay it and forget about it, DON'T!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
No meter, no matter... If the cop did a subjective stop based on what he heard you will get off period, Take that mofo to court and arrive ready to fight. Noise ordnances have been proven as BS over and over again. I won't go on a rant here but it has nothing to do with noise and everything to do with revenue generation. Don't pay that ticket no matter what!!! Course, when you leave court you have to put on some Iconz (or some other appropriate Miami Bass music) turned up so Fing loud they can hear it on the eightth floor!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
$71.50 is cheap.
In Pennsylvania, the cheapest ticket you can get is $105. The fine's only like $25, but after taxes and all that other crap they slap on there, the total goes to $105. It sucks. I'd be happy to get a $70 ticket :b

·
Registered
883 Posts
slvrsleeper said:
Course, when you leave court you have to put on some Iconz (or some other appropriate Miami Bass music) turned up so Fing loud they can hear it on the eightth floor!
I hope you're joking. If they give him another ticket based on a judgement call, they will not let him off after a stunt like that. Jlivan, go in there, be positive, stand tall, show respect, and admit to nothing.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slvrsleeper said:
No meter, no matter... If the cop did a subjective stop based on what he heard you will get off period, Take that mofo to court and arrive ready to fight. Noise ordnances have been proven as BS over and over again. I won't go on a rant here but it has nothing to do with noise and everything to do with revenue generation. Don't pay that ticket no matter what!!! Course, when you leave court you have to put on some Iconz (or some other appropriate Miami Bass music) turned up so Fing loud they can hear it on the eightth floor!
:abovelol: That's funny! The only thing is that I am not sure I can get off of work, I don't think I have any personal time left and I still have to take my car in to get the window fixed....damn! I will check it out though....Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Lost work wages + court fees + whatever other sorts of $$$ > $71.50. Sure, you could probably beat it easily, but at what cost? You might be saving a buck by paying the damn fine. It's not like it's a moving violation that will effect insurance or anything. I'm not saying paying it is the best option, but look at all the facts before deciding to pay or fight.

·
Registered
732 Posts
See if you can have a trial by decleration. I did it once here in Cali to get out of a trafic ticket where the cop said I ran a red light (I didn't BTW, it just looked like it from his angle).

There should be directions on the back of your ticket.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Its the principle of the thing! Acop who gives you a ticket because your music "sounded" too loud TO HIM is straight up fascist bullshit. And the more people who just take it and pay the fine the more it will happen. I say play your music loud and often until you get a legitamate ticket for it That is a ticket supported by a decibel meter reading taken by a competent professional, not some asshole who doesn't like your choice in music.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I would be more likely to go and fight a ticket that would be on my record for a certain number of years as opposed to something that won't be. i.e speeding ticket vs. parking ticket. If this won't hurt your driving record having this on there, $71.50 might be worth paying as opposed to losing money by not working for that day and your boss breathing down your neck.....but you can always call it a "sick day" take care of this court thing and solve your window problem on the same day.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The money and the lost time at work is not the issue here. What is the issue is the fact that a police officer has written you a ticket for committing an offense that he can't prove you committed. If you pay the fine you basically just admitted to a wrongdoing that you didn't perform. On what planet is that OK? If the cop had cited you for shoplifting would you still just pay the fine and chalk it up as a bad day? Cases like this one make me crazy because no one seems to realize that this is where things like anti-cruising laws get born. Before you know it you're getting arrested for driving past the same point too many times in one night! You have rights but with those rights come the responsabilty to defend those rights from anyone who would take them from you.....especially the government! edit: BTW If your boss won't let you go to court to fight the ticket he is violating your right to due process, which is illegal! It would be the same thing as firing you for serving jury duty. Shit I coulda be a lawyer!

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hyunelan2 said:
Lost work wages + court fees + whatever other sorts of $$$ > $71.50. Sure, you could probably beat it easily, but at what cost? You might be saving a buck by paying the damn fine. It's not like it's a moving violation that will effect insurance or anything. I'm not saying paying it is the best option, but look at all the facts before deciding to pay or fight.
I agree, I am just going to pay the fine and be done with it. It doesn't effect my insurance so I am not going to fight it. I don't have the time or money to do that anyways!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
slvrsleeper - I totally see where you are coming from, but some times different people's situations just don't allow the time. Personally, I would fight it, cause I just can't stand things like that, and I'm with you in your statement and would fight every ticket tooth and nail, but at the same time, you have to make best of the situation around you.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i've been pulled over and was told that my music was too loud! BS....usually sound ordinances dont go into affect till 10 at night and then are let off at like 6 in the morning....i've never recieved a ticket....i would fight it.....by you paying the state you are just reinforcing that fact that they can hand out bs tickets and get away with it!! fight the power!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts