Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a cracked head for my 03 elantra, This is my main way to get to work and im pretty bummed, I was wondering if anyone who put a proformance head on has one laying around.

I really didnt think the head would be cracked because it didnt get THAT hot, but it must have been a small fissure on the inside, which I unfourtanatly found out aftering replacing the head gasket, radiator, and obv all the other gaskets that come off the head.

I know its a long shot..

Any other forums I should cross post this in that you guys know of?

Thanks a lot

Jay

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
As long as your 03 doesn't have CVVT, you can use a head from an 01-03 Elantra. If it does have CVVT, look for an 04-06.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
damnit! :bang: :bang: :bang:

i had one sitting in my trunk for 4 months i threw away this past weekend caus i got sick of hauling it around. i woulda sold it CHEAP too.

shoulda cracked your head 2 weeks ago. we'd both be happy.

·
Search is your friend.
1,610 Posts
Check With Lkq.... Google It And It Should Come Up

·
Search is your friend.
1,610 Posts
Check With Lkq.... Google It And It Should Come Up

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
why would u throw it out... id just keep it in the house, put it away some where, store it in a box... u never know when you or someone else might need it.. :/

i never throw away anything i take off my car.

·
Registered
569 Posts
if you still need one I have a used complete head I can pull. $200.00 shipped or I have a bare head no valves with .010 warpage 80.00 shipped

if you want to drive to gainesville you can take $30.00 off of those

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i live in an apartment, which is already overloaded with ****, and the shelf my dad lets me keep in his garage is also completely full. i had it listed for 4 months for 125+ shipping, and no one took it

oh well. nothing i can do about it now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you at least recycle it for the aluminum? Thats why I think im going to do with mine, but id imagine i would have to do some decent disassembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts