Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I am aware of all the *big* brands out there that exist. Unfortunately most of them do what mufflers shouldn't - make an incredibly disgusting sound.

Right now, I have a hostshot header, followed by a magnaflow high-flow cat, and then finished by a dynomax superturbo. All piping is 2.5'' mandrel bent.

Lately it sounds like arse. I think it is the muffler going because I paid 50$ for it about 3 years ago. Now I would like to purchase a muffler that will MUFFLE the sound a bit. I am getting tired of the annoying drone and the diarrhea splitting buzz that comes into play when I am at WOT. I can't even hear my CAI anymore, something that I used to enjoy back in the day.

Requirements:

- A normal looking muffler (not fart can)
- Not strait through
- 2.5'' in/ex
- Single exit
- Something that lasts long
- I am willing to pay a bit more for quality

Thanks for looking.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
well, my uncle who is an avid hot-rodder and mechanic for Jaguar swears by magnaflow. Yeah it's a big brand.. and ya already know about it, but that's my .02. So far I'm really happy with my EF catback.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Get a greddy SP2 muffler it's chambered and it's quiet. or put a resonator on with fart can and a silencer in there

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Look at my setup. Don't buy it.

+1 on the Borla

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
magnaflows are junk, they keep falling apart on me. most shops around here wont use magnaflow. how do you like the 2.5 inch piping n/a???
really? wow that's not good and the first time I've heard that.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok so let's say I'm going to buy a borla.

The obvious choice would be to get the Turbo mufflers. They have 3 models that would interest me:

http://www.borla.com/products/produ...al+Mufflers,+Tubing+&+Hardware|Turbo+Mufflers

40653 2 1/2" 2 1/2" 13 1/4" x 4" x 9 1/2" Center/Offset $124.99
40659 2 1/2" 2 1/2" 14" x 4 1/4" x 7 7/8" Center/Offset $162.99
40980 2 1/2" 2 1/2" 13 1/4" x 4 1/4" x 7 7/8" Center/Center $175.99

I guess I would take the center/offset so it can kind of look like the one I have right now?

The case size between the two first ones confuse me. The difference in price is kind of noticable, but the second one costs more and while the two other measurements remain almost identical, the width is 2 inches less, I wonder why it costs more?

If you guys have model-specific experiences let me know.

how do you like the 2.5 inch piping n/a???
Looks like I might have lost some bottom end.

Keep in mind I did design my exhaust for when I was turbo. I just won't change it all around because it is not worth it IMO.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
go to the borla website and there should be a listing of shops that sell them in your area, or direct from the manufacturer. i would throw my vote in for borla, but i like the gutteral sound of the flowmaster on my. going 80 series soon on the grand ma

1 - 20 of 22 Posts