Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything i'm learning while researching turbo kits for my XD is starting to depress me, Kspec says their kit won't work with north american cars, HP.com won't return my emails about theirs. I'm lossing hope, someone please help! point me in the right direction.

i mean, if customs is the way i'm goign to have to go, i don't mind it, but with this being my first turbo setup...i'd rather get a kit.

·
Buffalo's Finest
90 Posts
How do i know whether I have a beta I or II?

·
Registered
371 Posts
scarfache said:
How do i know whether I have a beta I or II?
Would depend on what year/model your car is...

I'm not all too familar with lantra's, but from my knowledge most of them 01+ are running the Beta II... I know Tricked has a 01' XD with a Beta II as well evil247 has a gt hatch (01?) with a Beta II --

The easiest way to tell would be from the intake, if you have a MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) on the intake tubing you more than likely have a Beta I -- If you do not have the MAF, then your car is using a MAP, which will mean you have the Beta II~

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Unless you have a 04 Elantra which is a beta 2 but it uses a maf sensor. Just contact those companies and tell them what year elantra you have and they can help you from there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You can also go to just about any speed shop and ask them to quote you on a turbo with install. Any '01 and up elantra has a beta II. Same goes for and four banger Tib from '03 and up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts