haha...well, that was easy. i found the master leaking, too. so, i replaced both the slave & master cylinders. i cleaned out the lines & the reservoir. greased up some linkages along the way &, of course, new dot 3. what a difference that made. took care of 90% of the slippage (i left the restrictor out of the new slave, as well). i could make it slip in every gear prior to the repair. now the only slip i find is hammering 3rd @ higher rpm's (4k or so). also, the pedal has a little more play in it & it dropped the engagement point to mid pedal travel. it really feels like a normal clutch now, lol.
i think the slave cylinder mod is a great mod, but you should make sure that the slave/master cylinders are not leaking prior to doing it. if they're leaking before you do it, they're going to be leaking a lot after you do it. i'm pretty sure i made small leaks into big leaks with the added flow & that's where my problems started. sorting out the hydraulic side of the clutch, ftw.