Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at Hyundai Think Tank there was a Q&A session with John Krafcik (CEO of HMA). It was pretty cool. Highlights included:

1.6l GDI in the "Veloster" (name still pending apparently). 140HP and 40MPG.

AWD coming to next Genesis Coupe. Also, 2.0t GDI engine as well.

Azera facelight coming Q1 2010 (more powerful and efficient V6). Outperforming competitors like Taurus, Maxima, and others. Will fit into their "fluidic design sculpture."

Equus (name still pending) coming to dealers in second half of 2010.

Next Elantra coming in 3-4 variants (they hushed it up quickly though, hmm).

Discuss!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it looks a bit forced myself.

Mike, AWD could be for the sedan too.

When the 4 variants for the Elantra were mentioned I typed "Sedan? Hatch? Wagon? And what? Surely not a Coupe???"

The response was "the PR guy Chris tells me I shouldn't say anything more about the Elantra" and "let's keep this little boo boo a secret." Hah.

40MPG in a Veloster sounds good with that amount of power.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Wait... 140HP? So Elantra power in a "sports coupe"? Seems a bit lame duck to me.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
Wait... 140HP? So Elantra power in a "sports coupe"? Seems a bit lame duck to me.
the veloster is a very small hatchback, like the size of the current 102hp accent, with a 1.6L gdi engine making 140hp it will be faster than the current elantra, way faster because the veloster will be very light weight.

Im guessing that with the 2.0T GDI in the gencoupe it will be making alot more power and also getting over 30mpg

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
3,203 Posts
A 1.6Turbo Gdi would be great!, easy to mood for making more power!

so the elantra coming in 3 to 4 variants means a possible turbo or performance version? that would be awesome.

·
3,203 Posts
the current elantra blue gets 35mpg and with hyundai's dedication to be #1 most fuel efficient car company in the world im guessing the 2012 elantra GDI engine will be somewhere in the 40-45mpg range. I don't know, i have a feeling it may be more, maybe in the hybrid it will hit 60mpg, the new 2011 sonata gets 35mpg out of the 4 cyl, so the elantra has to be much higher, the sonata hybrid will probably be also in the high 45+ mpg range putting the camry hybrid to shame.

Actually the camry hybrid only gets 34mpg. LOL.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts