Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
If you can't do it youself, just call around. Most shops that do alignments and suspension work will change your springs out for you. They will charge you a fortune. I would suggest a local 'mom and pop' shop as a cheaper bet, as one of the chains around here wanted to charge me nearly $600 to swap out the springs & struts. I ended up doing it myself (with my dad's help) in the driveway in about 2 hours.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
GRD performance in Naperville=$225 but they didn't tighten the top nut on the right rear strut and had to have them redo that one. I noticed a little too much noise pulling out of the parking lot. My other complaint is they said the car would be ready at 5ish. I showed up, not done I ask them when, and they tell me to come back at closing which was 9. I show up at 9 and then have to wait till 10:30 only to pull out of the parking lot hear the clunk and then wait another 45 min for the grease monkey to fix it right.

I'd offer to help but I've swapped the suspension on my car a couple times and without my uncles air tools I'm not sure I want to again. It's really not hard, just time consuming and rusty nuts and bolts aren't very fun. I guess I could be persuaded to help, I do have a set of spring compressors also. You don't happen to have a travel size air compressor and tools do you?

I don't have a tourqe wrench either right now and I wouldn't do this with out one. I may have one in a couple days though, I think I might pick one up before I do my brakes in the next couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I have a 'travel sized' air compressor I got for Christmas, and have borrowed an impact gun from my father-in-law. The only thing I don't have is impact sockets, but a standard socket would probably be fine for turning down the spring compressor clamps. Maybe the 3 of us should get together and do 2GTS' brakes, and your springs?

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I would be down with that. I just found out my pads and rotors shipped out yesterday so I'll be ready anytime once they show up on my door step.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I know a guy that works for hyundia that willl do it for $100 dollars... if you want the springs installed... his done wonders for my car and kept it running good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts