1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i took shaun's (knottravesty) tomtom to florida on vacation a couple weeks ago. that thing is the best thing since sliced bread. i never got lost once. im gonna buy something similar soon

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
the only reason ive gotten lost using my tomtom... is because some streets r really closer together... n i end up picking the wrong one... but it corrects n i still get to my destination.

so i still like it.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
yeah. sometimes it wanted to take me thru a neighborhood to get to a main street, but it still got me where i was gong. it was sweet

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
i think the most memorable time it got me basically lost... is when i was going to MD... to the meet, to jims house friday night.... or sat night w/e...

and basically... im driving along following its directions... then at some point it tells me to make a left turn... into wat was someones house and **** basically... the road turned into a gravel road... then grass... i was like hmm... wtf? this cant b his house... it still says ive got some distance to drive.... well... ive never been here so i didnt kno... i keep driving along this grass path... eventually i end up in a ****ing CORN FIELD!!! grass up to my windows... grass hoppers all over my car... and a locked ****ing fence leading to the road i was suppose to be on... ****! lol... i was scared id get ****ing stuck... low as ****.. with my exhaust pipes on the grass... holy ****... i managed to back up... turn around, n gtfo of there... took a turn back onto the main road... let it re calculate... and eventually made it to jims house... LOL

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
i think the most memorable time it got me basically lost... is when i was going to MD... to the meet, to jims house friday night.... or sat night w/e...

and basically... im driving along following its directions... then at some point it tells me to make a left turn... into wat was someones house and **** basically... the road turned into a gravel road... then grass... i was like hmm... wtf? this cant b his house... it still says ive got some distance to drive.... well... ive never been here so i didnt kno... i keep driving along this grass path... eventually i end up in a ****ing CORN FIELD!!! grass up to my windows... grass hoppers all over my car... and a locked ****ing fence leading to the road i was suppose to be on... ****! lol... i was scared id get ****ing stuck... low as ****.. with my exhaust pipes on the grass... holy ****... i managed to back up... turn around, n gtfo of there... took a turn back onto the main road... let it re calculate... and eventually made it to jims house... LOL
Which is why you shouldn't smoke weed in your car, your GPS gets stoned, and you end up in a cornfield. The roadmate is supposed to be decent, not AS good as a tomtom, but better than trying to read a map and drive, and for 100 bucks this would be an awesome deal if you're in the market.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I just bought the tomtom xl one a couple of weeks ago at Toys-R-Us for $150, they are on clearance from $250. I also seen them on sale at CompUSA.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
toy-r-us sells gps units?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I found this review

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigation/magellan-roadmate-2200t/4505-3430_7-32065623.html

the only thing I saw on newegg was it did not get glowing reports like Garmin's seem to, it gets down to what you want to spend. you can get a Garmin Nuvi for 148.00 with a carrying case at Walmart.com.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10248692

I know I paid 300 or 350 (which was a good deal at the time since they were all about 500) for mine a few years ago (an older model the C320) & it still works fine, we update the maps every other year or so) that is the main thing you would be looking for in the future.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts

I didn't realize how that happened until the other week on my way back from Ish's. I had left it on even when I was close to home and it was telling me to turn left down this path. It was a "doh!" moment. Maybe I should try not to be intoxicated when I have people coming from 5 hours away in a strange place and they want directions from me.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
That is the one thing I like about tomtom, free updates.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have (now used as a backup NAV) Roadmate 860T. I'm glad I use a Garmin nuvi 5000 as my primary now. The 860T cannot compete with the 5000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts