12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YES! A MEGA MEET!

Who : all hyundai owners/tuners/enthusiasts
When : Sunday, July 24th, 2005
Where : Midas Autoshop.
5891 WESTERVILLE ROAD
WESTERVILLE, OH 43081

i talked to my dads friend today who runs the midas shop, asked if the offer was still up to have a meet at his place, and he said of course! he said he wants at least 10 people (hell, we had that at the XD meet in MARCH!) so it will be worth the while. he is asking for 10$ (not sure if its per car or person, im assuming car) which will include an oil change, bring your own oil filter. also, he said the parking lot will be cleared to have a burnout contest and some 0-30/0-40, whichever seems to be a good point and still have time to stop, times contests (i know, not too fast, but its not a HUGE lot). also, we'll be grilling out hotdogs, get some coolers for drinks, have a good time. at the shop, there are i think 7 lifts, which most of which *should* be open if anyone has exhaust/headers etc to install. come on guys, lets get something BIG together. this will be posted on elantraxd, newtiburon, rdtiburon, hyundaiperformance, sonataspeed (please let me know if im missing anything, dont wanna have people not know about it)

again, im going to talk to him sometime early next week to work out the details, confirm the date, find out if/how many lifts will be open, make sure we'llbe ables to do installs of headers/exhaust, things of that nature, shop is on the north east side of columbus, within the 270 outerbelt, 15 min from my house for anyone who came to the columbus meet...im pretty sure he said he'll supply the oil, just bring a filter. i will post anything once i find something out.

people interested

evan938, 2loud2k2xd, lmorgan5, jeffv1970, j-son

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Since that will be my birthday I will only come if there is a cake and free parts for my car there!!

:):)

Well, maybe not the free parts. I'll see if I can go.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill ask him about welding. i know they have a mig welder, but im not sure if he knows how to use it, or if he wants to do work like that (guy is manager of this shop and like 4 others, big guy @ midas, only like 4 people in the company make more than him) but he knows his shit about cars

·
Registered
559 Posts
Took you long enough to get off your azz and ask. j/k
Sounds good I will be there. Maybe I fill find a set of springs to install.
Is 7/24 here yet.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys, just caus im gettin calls from this guy, please dont call him. i said i would post once i find out all the details and let you know, im just trying to make sure we'll have enough people right now, and once i find out what will be going on, finalize the dates, etc, i will let you know. but i dont want to get him into any crap w/ his bosses. im going to talk to him tomorrow night, i will let you know after that.

thanks
evan

·
Registered
559 Posts
A day of play with the XD's and later HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evan if you need any help with this let me know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sed said:
only 36 hours away for me!!!

shawn :)

You must live in south Florida, I made it from Ohio to Datona in 18 hours.
I'm due to go to Florida haven't been there since October 2004
Use to go every year but back problem kills me.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i live in ft lauderdale....

and, i probably could do it in 24 - 36 hours.

I just wanna go to a mega-meet!

shawn :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Shawn,
If you come up the first 2 drinks are on me.
Damm that a long way to drive.
If you do that you will be the man.................

·
Gerbil Farmer
639 Posts
dude, Ft. Lauderdale would be anywhere from 18 to 22 hours I'd say. I do the drive from Indy to Ft. Lauderdale alot. My father in law has a condo in Pompano beach. I'm actually going to be down there the week of the 4th of July.

Put me down as a "maybe" Evan. I want to come but I got a wedding to go to this weekend... and then the meet, then leaving for florida the next weekend.... soooo... I might have stuff I need to do on the 26th.

About the Florida drive though... I came down this past Christmas and although I usually do it in about 19hrs total... this time took me 46 freeakin hours!!!! The snow was sooo bad up in Indy that it took me about 9 hrs to get from Indy to Scottsburg, IN which "should" have taken me 1 hour!!!! LOL

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you ass hat, its not till july 24th :D...not in 2 weekends

oh...and for everyone else...guy is makin up some flyers to post on the forums as we speak. talkin about havin it like 12-4 or so, then we could get somewhere to get some big ass group pics, then hit up hooters or somethin after that. the flyer will have all the details you'll need, be ready in a few days

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.