Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
screw it...lets get a meet going...im thinking central Ohio...not only caus im here, but its a good meeting point from michigan, indiana, kentucky, some of PA, WV, and all of ohio...im thinking Easton (big mall in columbus, its a big shopping center...a lot of buildings) theres a lot of stuff to do around here...just depends on what youre interested in...i know the tib meet, we went to a park, met up there, had some lunch, worked on some cars...i can bring some tools, and a couple jack stands...lets see if we can get a list of people to come....i would think anyone within 4-5 hours should come...lol...maybe longer if you want...we could go have a cookout...get some hotdogs and burgers, work on some cars, or im sure we could find somethin else to do...

lets find out if anyone is interested first...im thinkin like November 6th...that way, people have time to request off work, request permission from the wife etc.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
I up for it if the wife doesn't change my mind :(

Easton in fine with me, I live right around the corner from there, but I wouldn't try and work on cars there, the security can be major dicks.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasnt talking about workin on them there...maybe goin to hoover dam or alum creek, where theres some grill's...work on em there...hell, if everyone wants to throw in some $, i got a turkey deep fryer (dont know if youve had it, best turkey i have EVER had...inject it with marinade, when it hits the hot oil, sears the outside, and none of the marinade gets out....sooooo good)....something to do if we can get a few more people, or just do traditional hotdogs/burgers...anyone else want to come?

·
Registered
209 Posts
the problem here is it seems no one in the tri state is interested in having a meet (it seem evan gman and me are the only ones interested) there has to be many KY, OH, IN people that drive XD's!!!!! i have no problem going to columbus, but lets find all the people we can....find out where abouts they live and schedule a meet at a city thats in the middle of everyone (if that makes any sense at all)

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like im shootin for the 7th (sunday)...work scheduled me for saturday (big $$ day anyways)

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
fall is very hard to plan anything around here, could be 70 one day and snowing the next. I think we're going to have to wait till spring so we can get the word out a little heavier and do more planning.

I have an Ohio Owners list on MSN that I am going to move over to YahooGroups hopefully this week. It started out very strong, got 20 or so members the first three months, but MSN is a pain and I think everyone got tired of the BS to log in. I will let you know when it is up and maybe you guys might be interested in helping run it.

I'm still looking into getting everyone together in Aug of next year for a day of fun at the waterpark. Going to email the guy in charge of it in a few weeks to see if they have any info on what weekend it will be next year, I also have a small amount of contact with a local dealer so he might give us some freebies.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Even though I'm in WV, I'm probably closer to you guys..... Columbus isn't too far for me.... I might be interested in something in the spring...

·
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
622 Posts
maybe spring for me too

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so lets shoot for spring...although im sure this thread will be gone by then, it seems like more people would be interested for then...

·
circuit track whore
3,820 Posts
hey whats up fellas? well ive been looking for hyundai meets for months now in the mid-west area. never thought to look here:confused:.i live outside detroit area and would be more than happy to attend this event. not many hyundai ppl in this area. lookin to see more owners and their rides. most of our rides are "works always in progress"lol. lets try and see if this can be made possible. winter is coming and car is going into storage. thanks 2loud2k2xd
check out my ride at http://members.cardomain.com/2loud2k2xd

·
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
622 Posts
2loud... what city do you live in?

·
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
622 Posts
Dearborn heights, not too far from you

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
yeah in the spring i'll have rims and the rest of my "projects" done

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea, in spring, i should have my turbo in... :diablo:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry I don't visit this area to much, but I would be willing to come to a Central Ohio meet. Just let me know when and were and I should be able to go. May bring both the Elantra and the Stratus.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its on the east side of columbus, probably 30 miles out...close to where i am...so maybe 3 hours for him, 2.5 for me? ive never driven to cincy so thats a guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts