Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into this..

Anybody have one? Any comments or thoughts about getting one of these just for fun ?

They are $289 Buy it now price on e-bay... BRAND NEW..

here is a pic:

and here are some specs:

Motor Size 47cc - Air Cooled - 2-Stroke Single Cylinder
Drive Chain Drive for Maximum Torque
Speed 40 m.p.h
Horsepower 4.20 HP
Exhaust Single Pipe
Brakes Mechanical on front and rear discs
Clutch Friction,Centrifugal
Fuel : Oil Ratio 25 : 1 Unleaded gasoline + 2-stroke motor oil lubricant
Starting Manual Pull Start
Frame Heavy Duty Steel Frame with Fiberglass fenders
Body Fiberglass
Tire(Fr&R) Heavy Duty Rubber Pneumatic 11" tubeless Tires

Throttle Type Variable Speed Hand Control
Milage 25 miles per full tank (1.o Litre)
Riders Weight Up to 250 Lbs.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
That picture makes it look like it's too small for even my 8-year old neighbor kids to ride on. How big are they?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didnt buy it...

And i'm not broke... I'm just bored to death.

anyhow....

what do you guys think of those Nitro Gas powered r/c cars for off road ?

like this one:

They sell for under $200 shipped with all the parts ready to run, even the remote and all servos and fully assembled...

just add batteries and nitro fuel and you are good to go..

what do you all think ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
those little cars are pretty friggin fast tho! But yeah, i'd rather do some mods to my car instead, but thats just me. :)

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Ok then at least save your money while you are waiting to see what mods come next. If you really need to get rid of the money that bad I will gladly hold it for you until you wise up a lil....J/K

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have several of those pocket bikes.. Including the one you have a picture posted of.. which are about as low (and cheap) as the gas powered ones come. They are decent quality with decent speeds.. you may want to look into the step up models that come with working headlights, brakelights, turn signals, and speedometers .... AND ELECTRIC KEY START! *another nice feature on the step up models is oil injection so you dont have to mix*

They are a ton of fun.. I also have electric models that are great for car shows... throw them in the back seat.. nothing to leak out and also very quite so people dont get pissed at the noise if your at a busy car show... In fact, member here (scott "oiml" from GTCLUB, not sure his name on here... but its the member that just did the white leather interior stuff) seen my electric one at Cobo hall at the Import life show.... They are awsome and get a TON of attention.. in fact.. you could sell them for double what you buy them for on ebay.. just take them to any big car show and you can make a killing

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i just had to bring this back from the dead...

i've been having so much fun with my buggy... now my brother bought 2 more of them so we can get our race on !!

here is another shot of the model we have... we got the same buggy but with different color body and different channels in the radios for simultaneous racing...

I got them from http://www.excelhobby.com (they put their cars on e-bay also).

OHH YEAH ! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.