Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Thumbs Up for Mr Clean Auto Dry car wash!!

I had the opportunity to use the stuff over the weekend. Hand wash first to get rid of the real grimey stuff. Then just use the big gun they provide with the kit to spray on the water then soap then mist it, come back in 5-10 mins and you've got yourself a completely spot free car no need to chamois

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Lets see... if you wash your car once a week for the summer (say May-Sep), that's 20 washes. Price of Mr. Clean Auto Dry starter Kit = $49.95 at AutoBarn. Refill of soap $6.99. Refil of filters $7.99. If those last you 10 washes before needing a refill (I heard the filters need replacing pretty soon). You're looking at almost $80 for the summer of washing (not including detailing supplies). I'd much rather keep buying my new chamois every summer ($15 max) and a gallon of car wash soap and just dry it myself. Save the money, lose some weight, don't be lazy.

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
I've been using it for awhile now on my black Elantra. Uses special soap and ionized water to get the spot free dry. One thing you should note is that it puts a film on your windows that can get kinda yucky when mist and condensation gets on it. Good idea to wash your windows with windex or something afterward. The film goes for the rest of the car as well, but it's not as annoying as the windows.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
$17 I could see as maybe. $50 I could see as not. Call me old fashoined, but I just like the chamois.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Yeah, it's about $18 here in the US. I have been using Mr Clean for a while now...I love the stuff!!! Before Mr Clean I used to wash my car and the water would leave spots......but with the pur filter....no more spots!;) I just changed the filter last week and boy it had a lot of crap in it!! Once you see that you know it's working! It's best for the windows too!!

Sincerely,
MR CLEAN FREAK!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I dont mind doing it all by hand. I am very obsessive compulsive about that stuff. So I feel better to be doing it all so I know every lil detail is met!

·
Registered
262 Posts
that "film" on the windows is not good i heard!
like you said....it gets on the rest of the car!

someone up here mentioned that they were using MR clean for a while and stopped using it.....something about the car turned black or something....its something to do with that film it leaves on the car!

i heard once u start using it you cant stop using it???

·
Registered
70 Posts
sed said:
"Price of Mr. Clean Auto Dry starter Kit = $49.95 at AutoBarn."

whoa we paid 17.00 for our starter kit, damn son your getting ripped off!!!!
hahah...i paid $19.99 at pepboys. i didn't feel like finding it on sale, but $49.95 is a complete rip off. hah.

Havro said:
i heard once u start using it you cant stop using it???
hah..so they makes addictive drugs for the car now..amazing. never thought i'd get addicted to mr. clean..hahah.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
watson80 said:
I dont mind doing it all by hand. I am very obsessive compulsive about that stuff. So I feel better to be doing it all so I know every lil detail is met!
agreed...but Mr. Clean works incredibly well!! :nosthumbs

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
watson80 said:
I am obsessive compulsive about that too....but you can still wash your car and do all of the detailing you want, it is just easier b/c you don't have to worry about water spots. Plus I recomend using a micro-fiber washcloth while washing....you can get all of the bug mess off of your car w/out using any harsh chemicals or brushes. I sell them at work....but you can probably find them at any discount auto place.

Also, on the above post....hopefully you didn't pay almost $50 on a Mr clean kit...they go for about $17-19 dollars.

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Before using the Mr. Clean Auto Wash System, I used Meguiars car wash soap, my California Water Blade, and the Absorber. California Water Blade cuts drying time down to like 15 mins at most if you are detailed like me. Pick up anything it misses with the absorber. Mr. Clean is good with quick washes. Also, Havro got it all wrong. I have a black car... and the Mr. Clean puts a film on your car and windows that becomes apparent once your car meets with some condensation. Traditional washes are best I think and Mr. Clean is good when you're short on time. And yes, you can always go back to whatever method you want after using Mr. Clean.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts