Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like some opinions on mufflers for my gt 5-door. I went to Magnaflow's website and listened to their sound bytes. I don't know how true their sound was but I like that low tone that the imports had. I hate that high pitched VW bug sound that alot of the imports have. I just hope that replacing a muffler doesn't void a warranty... I have a bank forced warranty, funny thing is they say I "purchased it."

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
xds are gonna have a low pitch sound to them I havent heard of one yet that was a high pitch screamer

·
Registered
18 Posts
magnaflows are actually good mufflers...a lot of people preffer them than any other mufflers out there..and no..your car won't sound like a bug...engine has a pretty deep sound especially with an intake..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 04 GT with a Magnaflow. When your at idle you can barely hear a little rumble. Even at normal driving it isn't too loud. However, if you really get on it you can really hear it. Does not sound high pitched at all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I went to the Magnaflow website and found a dealer in the same city as I live. I have to wait till my eggs hatch then I will have some extra money to play with, 4.5 more weeks.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Is DTM any good? I noticed a bunch of them on ebay. I want something that offers performance but maintains the sound as close to stock while on idle as possible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have a magnaflow muffler and i dont really think i would want any other one. if you take out the resinator it sounds really good and stong

·
Registered
37 Posts
are you talking about the new magnaflow wide open (straight trough) muffler? i'm looking for a magnaflow muffler but don't really know which one to get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts