Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Steering Wheel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
figured i would post some pics of my 2005 EXD. i love this forum, cause it proves that Elantras can be nice (moderately) powerful cars too.

Body Mods:
Purple LEDGlow Underglow Kit
Kaminari Aerodynamics KTR Silver Wing

Lights:
Silverstars (i dont remember the exact model)
2x12" Green SMD LED Strips mounted underneath the glove box and steering wheel hub

A/V:
Pioneer DEH-1400 Deck
Sony Explode 1100 Watt 2 Channel Amp
2x10" Alpine Type E Subwoofers
40 Hz Tuned Ported Sub Box

Engine Bay:
Custom Specter Short Ram Intake Tubing
Injen 3" Tuned Air Filer

**I know some people will rag on the fact that i haven't painted the wing, but i am a college student so i dont have the money to paint it...i got it for $35, and i eventually want to put a chrome-silver/black two-tone on my elantra, so im starting with the silver wing and then some chrome accents... anyways, enjoy the pictures.**

UPDATE: i will be painting the wing to match body color when i have the cash.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
Re: my 2005 Elantra XD

I'd say the first thing to do is lose the wing. Painted or not it's just tacky in my opinion. But that's me.

Second thing to do would be to lower it.

·
Registered
589 Posts

I dig it. I'm not a big fan of tons of chrome, just subtle accents, as you can tell in my XD2 thread. I think the next thing you should do is get the shorty antenna, seriously. It changed the look of my car instantly. And from your three choices, I'd say lowering is next. And the Rear Swaybar upgrade, if you haven't done it yet. It's coming along nicely. I'm excited to watch where this goes, considering we both have 05 Black Sedans. :)

Oh, and what about interior pics?

And I'm kind-of with Nova on the spoiler. I like the idea of a small spoiler, but to each their own.

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

@Jess, yeah im not planning on doing TONS of chrome, but some chrome pillar accents, and maybe a silver hood scoop..idk how i like how they look. thats all the chrome ill do, then the silver/black 2 tone. I have been thinking of getting a shorty antenna, but all i can find are these carbon fiber ones...

·
Registered
589 Posts

This is the one Songee, ebay guru, found for me. It's the same price I paid and if you saw the one in my member thread, it's a nice upgrade and gives such a better look.

Ark Racing Antenna

Hood scoops are iffy for me. I like them if they're functional, and not for show.

And trust me, I know the broke college kid feeling. Stuck in it right now, and it blows.

·
Registered
589 Posts

You're welcome, and well, maybe you should try to look around for Elantras with the scoop you're thinking of getting? Were you planning on modding the hood so it doesn't stand right on top of it, or were you going to integrate it so it sets lower?

·
Registered
589 Posts

I'd prefer a smaller one probably also for visibility and laws that could vary with each state. Here, I've heard of people getting tickets for large scoops, and having to replace whole hoods because of how they mounted it. Of course, VA cops are pretty much in everyone's business. They love giving out tickets.

I wouldn't get a scoop for my car, personal preference and whatnot. Maybe on a different car, but not an Elantra. Yet if it's what you want, and you find a way to make it work well, I'll respect it.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts

... and maybe a silver hood scoop...
Please don't. Spend your money on things that help performance like the rear sway bar, lowering the car and getting a nice set of wheels and tires. Don't rice it out.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

Get some nice rims and lower it. At the very least shine up the steelies. I wish I could have on mine, but they were starting to rust.

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts

If your going to get a scoope, atleast make it the same color as the car and functional.

I'm personally not a fan of wings, but i bet it wouldnt look to bad if it was the same color as the car.

Lowering the car is the way to go, a set of tasteful rims and lower it.

And people are going to hate on you for modding your car and the stuff you have on it. It's your car, its for you and no one else, if you want to do it do it and don't let people get you down. And here is your warning, people are going to hate on you like crazy for that wing.

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts

my 2cents drop roll call on the doors your just asking for trouble, wing in body color might not look to bad iv'e seen some elantra's pull it off, scoop no don't do it unless you do some thing like kylemog search for his thread he went with fourm and function. mods can be any where from free on up into lot's of $$$$$$$, if you know anything you want post away i can tend to find things on the cheap. my vote was springs and then some nice rims!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

Yeah unfortunately people think just because it is a Hyundai, it isn't worth modding. Those are also the same people where my car has out lasted theirs as far as reliability goes. So when their stuff breaks I just tell them "so exactly which car was a POS again?"

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

wing in body color might not look to bad iv'e seen some elantra's pull it off
yeah, i actually was working on something the other day and came up with a revamped color scheme, im going to do black and green 2 tone, and get the spoiler painted black to match the body. i may paint it my self, unbolt it and use krylon and lacquer, cause i cant pay for a pro to do it at the moment, but if i get a job i will most likely suck it up.

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Heres her at night, with purple underglows in action. (i know they look bluish in the picture but in real life they are almost a bright blacklight purple color.)

elantra_2.17.121.jpg
elantra_2.17.122.jpg

I know some people wanted interior pics, these are at night with my green underdash LEDs connected very ghetto like via my turn signal fuse. i plan on buying a haynes wiring manual eventually to properly wire them in....

elantra_2.17.123.jpg
elantra_2.17.124.jpg

this was also taken at night i apologize for the glare, but there was not enough light. replacing EVERY lamp inside my car with LEDs is my next interior project. and i mean all of em. the ones in the coin holder, dome lamp, cigarette lighter, drivers/passenger's overhead lights. all of them will be green or purple. except i want the dome light super bright white so you can actually see at night.

elantra_2.17.125.jpg

this is pre-short ram intake....i know my engine bay is nasty. im going to clean it soon. New Hampshire is a very dirty place; as is Florida.

DSC_0006.jpg

post-short ram intake. custom Spectre tubing...haha just kidding, just one 60 degree bend and 2 couplers. i bought 3 and used the worm gear clamp to connect the Injen Filter, a waste of a coupler i know, but im going to sell it with the Accord Cold Air Intake i spent way too much money on. (big mistake buying that. it fit the throttle body but for the money i paid for it it wasn't worth hacking it apart to make it work. Inside my engine bay the next mods i want to do in order are paint my engine cover lime green with purple airbrushed accents, top strut bar, and aftermarket headers. ive heard on other forums that Tibby headers will fit on our XD2's does anyone know what year will fit my 2005?

DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

when i eventually paint this black im going to remove this nasty sticker.

DSC_0041.jpg

sorry for the fact that its rotated the wrong way, but here are some better pics of my interior. i also apologize for the dirt
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0045.jpg

awwww yeah fuzzy dice.
DSC_0046.jpg

mustache, when the lights are on it looks like a face.
DSC_0047.jpg

new LEDs in mah dome light. super *** bright. i can actually see in the night which is nice.
DSC_0048.jpg

doomsday switch, controls my underdash green LEDs
DSC_0049.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
KAMINARI WING?!?!?!?! Holy crap, never knew they made elantra parts. I love the wing, but I have seen some two tone elantras in compton and east gate, they look like crap. I would rock the KDM hatch skirts with a home depot lip, rolling on some white 16x7 fn01rc's and an offset exhaust.

Your car, do what you want, be creative.

My vote went to lowering the car, just pick up some KYB gr2's and some tiburon springs, and it should sit nicely.

1 - 20 of 463 Posts