Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: Drove an A4 for a few laps around Summit Point Raceway. Then drove the A4, 328xi, C300 4matic, and IS250 AWD around a shorter track that also had some cones set up for a slalom section and a hard braking section. All for free. It was pretty damn cool.

Second: Walked around Harper's Ferry National Park for about an hour and a half.

Third: The water level was a bit low, so some parts were kind of slow. Looking to go rafting next time on a class III-V river. Either the New/Gauley rivers or the Upper Yough in MD.

All in all, it was quite a fun day. Although I was tired like poop since we got up at 5AM. I went to bed before 10PM last night, first time I've done that in years.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know which car I liked best, I think the Mercedes (even though most of the other people didn't like it at all and thought it was the worst) or the Audi. The C300 and the Lexus had poor acceleration compared to the others. Step on the pedal and it felt like it took a full second or two to start moving the car. Because I'm used to driving a Hyundai Elantra, driving cars in this segment is so fun that I don't pay attention to the finer details like I probably should have. kennef and my brother both felt the A4 was the best, followed by the BMW.

Interestingly enough, the A4 had the most power. The reasons they didn't have a 335xi was that it took the cost too high, for the IS350 they didn't have it because it doesn't come with AWD, and same thing for the C350 (no AWD).

Smelled pretty bad too. The Shenandoah river water is pretty smelly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the brand new 2009 A4 that we drove. Apparently it has a lot of new features as well as four different driving modes that are selectable. Comfort (for highway/everyday driving), Dynamic (for more spirited driving, but less MPG), Auto (which switches between those two), and "Individual." With the Individual setting you can adjust the four different components that make up each setting (I forget what they are).

The A4 looks nice, is comfortable, has a lot of room inside, was quick and fast. Hell of a car.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I went to a similar event for the new Audi A5 crossover SUV. It's based on the A4 platform, just heightened and widened. It was held in the parking lot at Fedex Field.

First we went on a "city drive" part where you go to drive it out on the road in real conditions. That was kind of boring. Second part we drove the A5 a couple laps around an autocross track they had set up (and then sat in the passenger seat while someone else drove). We also got to drive the latest A6 with the 3.0 supercharged engine. In the A6 all we did is accelerate as fast as possible then slam on the brakes. The car stops amazingly well, the ABS works great.

There was also a couple parts where they go over details of the car and give you a bit of a sales pitch. At the end everyone in my group (maybe 25-30 people) took this quiz about Audi from stuff we learned throughout the day. There was 15 questions, I missed one of them, but I apparently had the best score (it measured the quickness of the responses as well) so my name went in some "grand prize" drawing for something... probably for spam email and phone calls the rest of my life.

Anyway, another fun day of driving Audi's for free. You guys should see if these things come to your area.

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
I recently went to an AMG event. Drove a C63, E63, CLS63 and the ML63. Drove the C and the E 3 times each. I like the sportier feel of the smaller C63, but I'd buy an E if I were looking in that price range. Liked the Mercs better than any BMW I've driven.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
That's awesome man, I'll have to watch out for this sort of thing. Nothing wrong with fun for free
They do have those out there Kyle, it's usually for John Deere combines and **** though. Up here, they don't do **** like this, and where I'm moving to, they DEFINITELY won't EVER have something like this lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts