Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Maserati is a garage queen most of the time. Sunny days only. Anyone else with a classic italian GT?

1976 Maserati Merak SS
Stats: Original condition
Mileage: 50K
Engine: Mid-engine four cam V6 220HP

Italian cars are my weakness. I'll see you at Ferrari Racing Days at Lime Rock Park (Conn) this Summer, July 9-10.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
"My Maserati does 185..."

I'm sure you know that song.

Looks really nice, you don't see one of those everyday. Do you know how much it weighs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you should ask. When I went to register the DMV asked me the same thing and I answered 3000 lbs. She checked the DMV records and they say 2900 lbs so I ended up saving a little. BTW the Maserati Bora is the one that does 185 (V8 330 hp). The Merak has a 155 mph top end. I bought the car in california and had it trucked to L.I. Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Really nice car! Pretty low mileage too.

I'll see you at Ferrari Racing Days at Lime Rock Park (Conn) this Summer, July 9-10.
Sorry. I'll be at Summit Point in WV tearing up the track in my XD. hehe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks blue GT. Last time I was at Summit Point was for a IMSA GTO race in 86 or 87. Nice compact road coarse. I remember walking around the track during the race my friend and I found an old barn on the property. Parked inside was a Black Lambo Countach. Nice track, have fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Blackdiamond:

Really for an Italian GT its been pretty reliable. Right now I have a hydraulic leak that I am repairing. But thats the thing with this type of car, working on it is a labor of love. If you dont want to work on it now...do it next week. Oil change is 9 quarts of Mobil 1 (13 quart sys). Plugs are easy to get to, ignition is transistorized. Dont look foward to doing rear brakes though...they are inboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts