Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you've all seen a stock Santa Fe before, but this one is mine and I'm dying to show it off. It's a 2004 GLS 2.7l, 2wd. These pictures are from when we first got to my parents' house to show them. The dealer markings and window stickers are already gone now, so you don't need to tell me to take them off - hehe.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice! Nice! How about Alpine supercharger now? ;)

·
Registered
883 Posts
That reminds me I still have to tint the wife's front windows. I'm pretty sure your fiance will be happy with it, my wife sure has. Except that we don't even have kids yet and she's talking about trading it in for a minivan. I think she needs to lay off the crack first, j/k.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Nice, I am sure she will be happy with it.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
wow the things i could do with that interior!

look at the space you have in the dash where the radio is....

:droooooooool:

shawn :)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
carbonman said:
now you have to get that one up on Hyundai Rides
I know, it's killing me to have a completely stock vehicle. I don't think she'll let me do as much to this as I've done to the XD, but that's not gonna stop me from trying :)

I'd like to:

Put on the Hyundai Splash Gaurds
Chrome Trim replacements
Chrome Door Handles
Chrome Rear lift-gate handle
Add a Brush Gaurd
Get the Billet Grille
Get a set of Nerf Bars
Some Nice Hella Lights on the roof (a la Jeep Liberty Style)
Put on the goofy rear deflector thingie above the rear window (maybe)
Add the Hyundai Trailer Hitch (don't know what I'd pull though?)
Change the tail-lights (just to be different than the other 983,398,238 Santa Fe's I see every day)
New Headunit with Navigation System (why do you need a cassete deck if you have the CD player. We don't even own 'A' cassette).
Headrest Monitors with DVD player, of course
Supercharge it! (<-- never going to happen :mad: )
And Finally, BIG ASS WHEELS! - BLING

What she'll probably let me do:
Splash Gaurds
Plain Black License Plate Brackets

It's gonna take a lot on convincing before any modding, I imagine. That's ok though. I'm kinda just letting her do what she wants, as long as she accepts that the family car is hers, and the fun car is mine. That way 10 years from now when a "Real fun" car (like a corvette) comes along, it's mine... well, maybe 20 years from now...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted the AWD too, but for an extra $2000, I can live without. If it were replacing the XD on the other hand, there would've been leather, AWD, 3.5l v6, and anything else they offer.

Altezzas on ebay? hmmm, hadn't noticed... jfwy, it's wierd having a car that parts are available for. Almost feels like cheating...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Now if she keeps it as long as she kept that accursed Grand AM are you gonna post about how the wipers don't work and the dashboard has a poltergeist in it? LOL nice looking car man you both look real happy. Love that color combo BTW.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure if she still has it in 12 years, it'll be running just fine - as it'll only be 2 years our of warrenty at that time. I too love the color combo, but it needs more chrome. oh well.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My wife won't let me do anything to hers either. She hates it that I spend so much time & money on my xd. Here's the way I look at it. She loves Target & the mall, spends lots on clothing & shoes (& hair & nails). I don't. I usually only work on my car when she is not home. So then I can at least justify my actions. If she wants her car stock, then fine, it's her car. I'll just keep it clean & running for her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts