Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is not a big deal to most of you, but these are my first aftermarket wheels and tires.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
looks good but man... at first I thought you were another member lol

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
congrats!!!! my wheels are very much similar to those. altho i got my wheels for free :D, but my tires cost like 400 bucks. lol

enjoy it :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think I got a decent deal. The wife hit something, although she denies it, and one wheel was bent. I tried to locate some locally with no luck. I got these at a local shop for $850, wheels, tires, mounted, balanced, chrome stems, and lug nuts.

Did I get a decent deal?

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
I think I got a decent deal. The wife hit something, although she denies it, and one wheel was bent. I tried to locate some locally with no luck. I got these at a local shop for $850, wheels, tires, mounted, balanced, chrome stems, and lug nuts.

Did I get a decent deal?
You did great on the $, especially for all local. I think the absolute lowest price I got was ~$780 a few years back for cheapo eBay "ADR Sokudo" wheels (my avatar) with Kumho 205/40R17 Ecsta 711 tires. mounting, balancing rubber stems, nuts and hubcentric rings. The wheels were too soft, though and were done after 2 summers (the same time as the tires).

So, do you like the more responsive ride and the new look on your own car?

·
XD2/KDM style ㅋㅋㅋ
1,051 Posts
^^^what? he was not talking about you lol he was talking about TX-GT! the rims look nice, FF7's are everywhere here in cali.
looks good but man... at first I thought you were another member lol
I thought he was talking about me because I told I'm going to get new rims and TX-GT has same model as my car..:rolleyes: That might confused him.. hehe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had already done the Tiburon suspension, KYB's, lowering springs, tib rear sway with the metal end links. It feels about the same, just lighter. I still have this really annoying wobble at about 70mph though.

Anyone know where I can get the excentric bolts for the front and rear to adjust the camber?

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
I know that www.tirerack.com carries the camber adjusting bolts. Check the suspension section after choosing your car.

They may not be the cheapest site for them, but they're very reputable.

The wobble may be due to alignment (if it's pulling), the balance of the tires (if it's a shimmy) or the lack of hubcentric rings. First off, check the tire pressure and adjust as necessary. Then, jack one corner of the car up so that the wheel is off the ground, loosen all 4 lug nuts, make sure the wheel is centered, tighten the bolts in the recommended 1-4-2-3 pattern (clockwise or counterclockwise), and repeat for the other 4 wheels.

If that doesn't work, take it back to the shop that mounted them and ask 1. for them to check the balance, and 2. get hubcentric rings and try again.

If that doesn't work, and if the wobble / shimmy gets worse with braking, your brake rotors may be warped and need to be replaced. That was the solution in my case.

It could also be a worn tie-rod end, too.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
make sure you put a bit of wax on them after they are completely clean so brake dust glides off of them later

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
I thought of Tx_boy at first lol

·
Sole USA XD in Holland
1,207 Posts
wow man, like them alot !! i have the same one and still love them. I bought them of ebay and picked everything up in Cinci for 740 total. so you got a good deal too.

go motegi!!!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Nice and clean

1 - 19 of 19 Posts