Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my work in progress, 2001 XD, it is still at the beginning stage right now, needed to get all the dents and dings out. Paint was pretty much gone in several places, down to the metal on the roof.

This was suppose to get started months ago, but got into an accident where I smashed the front end, needed to replace the radiator, condenser, and needed a new hood. Funny, the Bumper survived without a scratch..... oh and the headlights were gone too... The New ones are OEM with HID installed.

The original color was Midnight Gray, you can see the difference in the back bumper.

Going to be driving around like this for a while... till my funds get replenished,

let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Platinum Member #1
2,010 Posts
maybe....

having the spoiler connected to the trunk lid fluidly like that looks really good! nice work

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
****ing Sick!!! I love the hood, Love the trunk, and love the primer grey. What I hate is alll you people making me hate myself for selling my XD. dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I thank God that I don't drive a car mid-build. It's gonna look nice tho.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
****ing Sick!!! I love the hood, Love the trunk, and love the primer grey. What I hate is alll you people making me hate myself for selling my XD. dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're finished already? sad.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
and yeah that hood is sick too pending scoop is functional.
Functional or not it's badass!!! Hell a 4 inch hole saw could make it functional.

Nice work doing the body man!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Actually, yes. We ran out of paint.

Obviously not a stick on with 3m tape, it was molded into the hood.
In regards to functionality, it is Non Functional in the sense that the air intake is not connected to it, I've installed an EvoFusion CAI.

As in, if there is a hole in the hood to allow air to pass through and cool the engine, I am still trying to design a way to channel water in the case of rain, so no currently right now there is no hole, but yes a 4 inch hole will take care of that.

However, a Bunch of people have been saying do not cut a hole in the hood and leave it be, getting water in when it rains is death. The hole would be right over the spark plug cover.

Were in a drought down here in south Florida, but there have been a few times that I have driven in rain so heavy I could only see a few feet in front of me.

Opinions?

Oh and Thanks for the compliments (8 months I've been saving to get this done)

That flush mount spoiler is almost exactly what I want.
That is a Sarona Scoop, Cut in half, reduced the width by 1/2 inch than put back together with fiberglass, ect... bolted & molded into the hood with WAY too much bondo....... Which will be fixed and smoothed during the next round.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good Mark. Definitely in progress but I think it should turn out nice. Not too many people do any custom hood scoops or spoilers so that I think is cool.

Interesting use of new holes on the front bumper? What's the idea for those? You'll need to get some OEM foglights I'd say.
I kinda like the R34 style bumper, I just don't like to pay for it :)

Might put in some fog lights, might leave them open or might put mesh behind it. not sure yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
He just cut out the "slits" that were in it. I thought about doing the same thing to my bumper but got lazy. hah! Paint it all one color that I will offer a real opinion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts