cool (Keyan check your PM)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
congrats dude

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i wasnt doubting the validity of this thread, i just wanted to see if the interior was hacked up any from having to swap all that stuff in.

how'd the pedals go in? ok??

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
what'd you know... keyan can do something right :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
he got the orginal donor car for pretty cheap so it wasn't that much at all.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
i wasnt doubting the validity of this thread, i just wanted to see if the interior was hacked up any from having to swap all that stuff in.

how'd the pedals go in? ok??
I had to drill through 2 layers of sheet metal of the firewall for the pedals. I did it months ago. That was definately the worst part of the entire swap.

So what was the final bankroll for this swap? =P ...considering labor was on you.
Donor 2001 Elantra = $140 bought, $135 to tow it
New Transmission because donor's got f'ed up (read: destroyed in donor car's accident) = $450
New Throw out bearing = $42
Resurface flywheel = $30
Manual Trans Fluid = Don't remember

I'm sure there is a bunch of other things I don't remember.
I still have to buy a gauge cluster, a manual transmission ECU, and interior shifter boot and m/t center console trim.

are those Tiburon Seats?
yes, but I have an aig bag light because the 05 aig bag wiring system is completely different :( My next project is to solder in the old connectors and resistors to make the system happy again ;)

what'd you know... keyan can do something right :tongue:
uhh....thanks?

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
I still have to buy a gauge cluster, a manual transmission ECU, and interior shifter boot and m/t center console trim.
I have an 03 GT cluster and the manual ECU. Let me know.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
what is different about he ecu?? i though they just added the tranny ecu as an extension?

good job!!
the TCU and ECU are in the same computer

But they are seperate.

like 2 people living in one house.

·
Stacker
547 Posts
like 2 people living in one house.
Nice:abovelol: :abovelol: :abovelol: Good way to put it! Looks good man, I can't wait till it's all together with the ECU, cluster, and all the trim and stuff.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
seems liek someone else posted a while back that he did an auto-->manual swap....IIRC, he was having some wiring issues or something

41 - 60 of 102 Posts