Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay....my wifes x3....it was fine last time i drove it...but my wife comes home and she said that she had to power brake...and now the wheel vibrates and the pedal vibrates!! it has 107,000 on it and it has the original rotors on it...the pads have been replaced and one of the calipers were replaced....my thought is possibly the master cylinder???? but it could also be the rotors considering it doesnt have power brakes you would feel the warped rotors on the pedal....but that doesnt make sense either because it would have been a gradual process....right??? any feed back would be appreciated! thanks :smiley_ac

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
It can come on all of a sudden if the rotors are thin. Since you have over 100k on the originals, I would say they are very thin. If she had to hit the brakes really hard, that's all it would take to warp the hell out of them. The master cylinder would not cause this. When they go, your pedal will just go to the floor. I would highly recommend taking the rotors to a local shop, and see if they can still be turned. Make sure they check the minumum thickness. If they are too thin, replace them, don't play with trying to turn them anyway. I have seen rotors fly apart when they get too thin. So, have a look at them, and make sure you replace the pads at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts