Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of wheels that already had a set of Nankang tires on them. They are the noisiest things I have ever heard. Not to mention the fact that they are already starting to come apart (less than 5k on them). I am thinking of going with Yokohama AVS ES100's. Anybody know anything about these?

·
Registered
212 Posts
you got those tires off ebay real cheap didn't you? Get what you pay for i guess... I have yet to try yokos myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Getting ready to buy my wheels and tires from the same shop. Even with crappy tires, they are still a pretty good deal. One question, when you got your wheels, were they already balanced and did they come with centering rings? Just wondering because his ebay auctions don't mention either.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the Yokohama AVS ES100s, I think you'd be happy with them. I look into those when my Hankooks are ready to be replaced. I'm happy with them, but may like the yokos more.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
if your not set on the yoko...take a look at toyo proxies 4....thats what i have....they hold like nothing else i have driven before! and they have excellent wet traction

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
The Yokohama's would be fine. You might also want to check out the Nitto 555's. The overall quality of the Nitto's is pretty impressive and if anything the treadwear rating of 300 is modest. My friend is using these on his Eclipse and it surprises me how well they stick to the road, and how much tread he still has on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts