Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Novice Mod-er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an opinion on the Nankang brand of tire? I have been pricing out tires in the 205/40/17 size range and there are some really good prices out there for this brand.

Just curious if there is a reason for these low prices. :)

Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
499 Posts
One of the budget brands. Not really bad, just don't expect it to perform as well as its more expensive competitors.
If you don't drive aggressively and don't do any track time on the weekends, this tire is pretty good for a daily driver.

·
Novice Mod-er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BlueGT said:
One of the budget brands. Not really bad, just don't expect it to perform as well as its more expensive competitors.
If you don't drive aggressively and don't do any track time on the weekends, this tire is pretty good for a daily driver.
Thanks for the information. I would be using these tires strickly for slight performance driving around town and appearance. I rarely get my RPM's up above 4k. No track time for this guy. :)

Todd

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Go for it. I am getting budget brand tire too....215/35/18 Assenzia...Goodyear knockoff...but I dont think I spelled it right

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's an all season tire that not very many people have heard of, that's why it's cheap. High performance = high price. Big brands = big price. These are great tires in terms of bang for the buck, I came very close to gettin' 'em. I went w/ the Essenza brand because they had a slightly higher treadwear rating of 380 (as opposed to 340), are made by Goodyear, and were a great price on ebay. No complaints at all.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
toddmuchmore said:
Does anybody have an opinion on the Nankang brand of tire? I have been pricing out tires in the 205/40/17 size range and there are some really good prices out there for this brand.

Just curious if there is a reason for these low prices. :)

Thanks, Todd
I had them on my 17's..They wore down pretty fast..The best tires I had were the Yokohama Paradas 205/45/ZR17's

·
Novice Mod-er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
01SilverBullet said:
I had them on my 17's..They wore down pretty fast..The best tires I had were the Yokohama Paradas 205/45/ZR17's
Do you remember how many miles you got out of them?

Thanks everyone for all the information. This is such a great community.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Actually 20,000 miles out of high performance tires is not too bad.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah my parada spec 2's went pretty far, about two summers. I took mine to summit point too and gave them a thrashing. I have always gone for big name, but i always paid the big price too. It hurts, but i think its worth it. I have BF's right now, and this is the grip king. Its rediculous. Helps that im runiing on 225 width though.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
After getting rid of them for a set of Conti's I also say they suck. They ride like crap compared to the tires I have now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts