Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Need Advice On Tyres & Rims

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mkjh 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of replacing my tyres with brand new ones the ones i have on are terrible, but im not sure which brand is good or which ones you should stay way clear of?

I'm also planning to replace the rims at the same time when the new tryes are being done, Currently have chrome on it but i honestly cant stand chrome on wheels as mine is starting to peel off and they are awful to change when you have a flat tyre no joke though.

Any Advice or tips be helpful, Im in australia
My Car currently has 15inch on her, but i am unsure whether to upgrade up to 16 or 17 Honestly not sure

Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread Synthetic rubber

There is some rims i like down below but as i said im very unsure

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bicycle part

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello !
I would go for the original rims I think they look great on Elantra but it may be hard to find one in good condition.
I can't stand chrome wheels too. I think they looks good only on Buick or any other old American cars.
Now if you ask me the ones on the most left side are great looking by far from the other you posted here.
Good luck and share us with what you choose .

#9 ·
Well its been awhile since my last post, As i am sorry for that as ive just come out of toxic emtional abuse/Physcial Abuse Relationship and slowly Working On My Car. Last Post was of advice on what i should of chosen for new tyres and Rims will here is an update ive gotten rid of the Chrome Wheels and bybye Old Bold Tyres.

New Wheels:
KUMHO KH 205/55R16 HS11 91H

New Rims:
KING 16x7 Katana 4/100-114.3 40P Satin Black

Old Girl

New girl

Car Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

New wheels up close

#10 ·
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing better. You deserve better.

I LOVE those wheels. Normally, I don't like black on black, but that looks great. I would say that maybe you should paint the calipers something with a high contrast like the neon green I see on Subaru's or a bright yellow. Your car looks great though.

What's next?

#11 ·
howdy I personally love the black on my girl, next is a massive big upgrade to her brakes.

These I plan to upgrade on her

That’s all for brakes it’s a
Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit with Powder Coated Calipers.

Future Upgrades when possible,
  • Professional Cut and Polish on the 7th July
  • front fibreglass front bumper VIS Racing Cyber front bumper $438 which includes shipping
  • New Spoiler just comes
Down to if they ship to Australia
  • Back bumper from VIS Racing $305 plus shipping
  • Then it’s just the usual servicing shit timing belt etc
  • was planing to do headers but no luck so I’m not gonna do anything under the hood wise unless a turbo which idk where to look.
  • Suspension bcbs looking for top of the range suspension for her
  • Wanting to upgrade her seats front and passenger and possible rear if possibly
  • Glow under the car
  • a lot of decals/window tint darkest I can go that’s legal
  • custom plates, and much more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.