Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to invole myself into the performance aspect of my 02 Elantra GT hatchback. I know enough about mechanics to perform all the nessesary work I just need to find anyone that has parts. I will include a list of needed parts and engine specs. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be much appreciated.please repost or E-mail me at [email protected].

Have:
02 hyundai Elantra GT(5 door)
2.0L DOHC Beta 135K miles , Auto trans 60K.
cold air intake w/throttle body coolent bypass

Need:
low mile 2.0 DOHC Beta
low mile 2.7 tiberon motor and trans(would need more parts if possible)
any engine mod
suspension
brakes
pretty much any help on engine performance would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to buy parts for my car that have to do with performance and can't find any help other than buying new. that's my main reason for posting. I've looked around on this site and can't find an area were I can look thru a section for parts.

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?23-Marketplace used parts tend to go quick around these parts but there are some tibby parts that work on the elantra.
what is your goal for the car what kind of money are you looking to spend? look at member profiles and fourm sections and dont forget search but if you post up more of what you are looking for we can lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want a low mile same engine to swap with mine. I have a turbo that I wold like to mock up on a newer engine I have the turbo and wastegate. I need almost everything else for it. I don't want top of the line but I want somethin. All I ask is more horsepower and with what I have found out the only way to do that is V-6 engine swap or turbo. I have too many miles on my original engine so I figured start with engine and work up. The main thing is I'm tryin to work on my car with a buget so I have to take what I can. So If any Ideas on how to boost performance on my ride I'm open to suggestions.

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
If you are looking for more hp then you are working with the wrong car. The reason you can't find any performance parts for the BETA engine is because there are none out there. Also, if you are on a budget you will not be able to complete a custom project.

Save your money and put it in the suspension and brakes. The Elantra does very well with wide tires, struts, springs, poly bushings and a 19 mm rear sway bar. If you spend money on the suspension, you WILL see an improvement. If you spend it on the engine, you might as well flush it down the toilet.

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts
^ There are plenty of performance parts for beta engines. The only aftermarket part that I can think of that no one offers is a crankshaft

Wanna make power buy something with an LS

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so I like the ideas. on suspension and brakes, and I have some outlets to get a Eibach custom coilover kit which is the next thing im doing, but I want my car to go faster. what about a phonic intake spacer and throttle body big bore. I repeat I WANT MY CAR TO GO FASTER. And yes I know wrong car for more hp but I gotta work with what I got? right

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 3"catback exhaust, 3"forced cold air intake and throttle body coolent bypass. tb and im????? and I would love to p&p just don't really know where and how to start. If you look at orig. posting I put all mods and engine specs.

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts
The best bang for your buck is gonna be forced induction.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Holy Hell 3" CAI and Exhaust??? That's over kill for a N/A elantra. You want your elantra Faster than what? I mean with suspension mods and bolt ons it'll be a relatively quick and an absolute blast to drive.

---------- Post added 10-29-2010 at 02:58 PM ----------

the tiburon v6 is a turd. Even fully modded with a supercharger it's a turd.

Beta all day sir. All day long.

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
^ There are plenty of performance parts for beta engines. The only aftermarket part that I can think of that no one offers is a crankshaft

Wanna make power buy something with an LS
There are no intake, cylinder head parts, cams or exhaust components for the BETA engine for performance. By definition performance parts should add performance with a measureable result, not opinions. Anything available is half-assed hack parts that offer no improvement.

so I like the ideas. on suspension and brakes, and I have some outlets to get a Eibach custom coilover kit which is the next thing im doing, but I want my car to go faster. what about a phonic intake spacer and throttle body big bore. I repeat I WANT MY CAR TO GO FASTER. And yes I know wrong car for more hp but I gotta work with what I got? right
Wrong. If you add everything you mentioned, your car will be slower and run like crap. Are you going to convert it to a manual transmission, or drop in the POS 2.7 Tib V6? These projects are not impossible, but far more involved than swapping engines in the 70s muscle cars.

With today's cars, if you have to ask how to make them faster, you are not ready to get it done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I appreciate all the GOOD help that everyone has and I've got more than enough input to make an educated desicion. I think I will start with suspension, then maybe cam and exhaust mani, I guess thou the first thing to do is put a new or likenew egine in and build off that. So if anyone has an under 30k 2.0L DOHC please let me know

---------- Post added 10-29-2010 at 02:55 PM ----------

ohh and I know right 3" too much. I have a turbo kit for my car just minus the head gasket and intercooler. I just wasn't going to put it on a motor that has as many miles as mine. so the kit sits in my garage untill I get all the right parts and enough $$$ to get it all together.

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts
There are no intake, cylinder head parts, cams or exhaust components for the BETA engine for performance. By definition performance parts should add performance with a measureable result, not opinions. Anything available is half-assed hack parts that offer no improvement.
Intake, Exhaust
http://kfxperformance.com/ixxocart/catalog/Engine-156-1.html

For Cams Call Geoff @ Colt Cams

Cylinder head
Valves for the Beta 2 with Solid Lifters I stock standard and oversized valves from FERREA with Dual Valve springs, seats and retainers
and yes those are the longer valves 114.34mm Intake and 116.8mm exhaust I have them in stainless steel

Injectors vary all the way from 290 to 2200cc

There are plenty of PERFORMANCE Parts for your engine but having these items don't mean nothing without tuning. Without tuning it all means nothing.
Looking for a part hit me up I'll try to direct you in the right direction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I have found a little for an ok price but ya for the most of it, Alot of dough and not that much bang. I'm still "gonna push it to the limit"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts