Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need opinions for my next setup
Kenwood DDX7015 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=37&sortBy=price&productId=2557
connected to these amps http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=11&sortBy=price&productId=2581
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=11&sortBy=price&productId=2580
with one infinity Kappa perfect 12" or two 10" subs i'm looking for clean sound fast hitting lows with good mids, I like the amp management system which shows amp info like voltage temp fan speed percent power used on the DDX7015, what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn... that's a pricey head unit. Sorry bout the mistake on the other thread, but I think I can accurately help you in this department.

About the amps, If you're running subs, I would go with the Class D mono amp.

I'd put in a lengthy explaination of why I think so, but I have to run to work, so I'll write it later.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
blah, never hook up two mono amps for two speakers if you can get a good 2ohm stable 4 channel bridged.

And get two infinity reference 10's they hit hard and fast and you won't find clearer sound

shawn :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was going to use the 4 channel for my interiors 6.5 kappa components and 6x9 3 way kappas, For the sub or subs I would use one class d mono amp, the only thing that gets hooked up between the amps is the monitoring unit, Infinity references sound good I like infinity speakers good clean sound and at good prices. Yeah the head unit is pretty expensive I'm sure I could get a Kenwood flip out screen cheaper but I like the flush mount idea clean and it wont get in the way, but if I can't find a good deal I was thinking of getting the KDC 979 and keeping my current in dash tv the only prob with this is I need a kenwood dvd player that hooks up to the radio and I can't find any

how about 2 of these subs kappa 10"s kappa 10" subs
infinitys site

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
kappas are great.

Like i said, you are running a mono class d amp. That means you have to wire the speakers in series, otherwise known as 1 ohm load. You are going to spend good money on an amp that is mono class d and 2 ohm stable.

Get a good 2 channel, like an california profile, 800x1 @ 4 ohms. That will keep your speakers bangin for a looooooooong time and won't shut the damn amp off every 5 minutes.

My girl had a rockford fosgate 1000.1 class d mono, with two audiobahn flame qs. I wired them in series at 1 ohm and the HIT SO LOUD for 10 minutes, then the amp shut down because 1 ohm load makes and amp sooooooo hot.

just my opinion

shawn

EDIT, dual voice coil 4 ohm speaker wire diagram for mono class d amp pushing two subs... ONE OHM have fun trying to find a one ohm stable amp lololol

·
Buffalo's Finest
90 Posts
sed makes an excellent point about amps not being able to handle 1 ohm for very long, but depending on what kind of subs you get, they can be wires differently. If you get 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1s you can wire them so you run the amp at 2 ohms since each sub is single voice coil 4ohm. If you wanted just 1 12" sub get the kappa perfect 12.1D. It is a dual 4ohm voice coil sub so that one sub can be wired down to 2ohms. I would have to say that mono amps are better for subs than 2 channel simply because they usually have more options that benefit a sub like only a lpf, phase correction etc. just my .02

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like these subs 25mhz-400mhz 10.1VQ
but if I can't get a good price on these i'll just get the Kappa 100.se subs either subs I'll run 2 4 ohm ones in a series that will make it a 2 ohm load

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
those speakers are DVC, you will not be able to bridge them to 2 ohms

it is electronically impossible

shawn :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are single voice coil the DVQ are dual voice coil, for some reason Infinity is unvailable (out of stock) at many sites I buy from ? A guy at a radio shop I go to told me that Infinity and JBL are changing all the lines ?

I tried getting the reference series 10's but I was able to get Kappa 10's for less :confused: so I should be getting them in the mail soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts