Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was just looking over the MUSSA rear strut bar that I bought (it is pretty good quality) and my cars rear seats/trunk (4-door). It would seem that the trunk lining, rear shelf (where the speakers are) and even the side bolsters of the rear seats would need to be removed.

Am I correct? Is there a better way to do this?

Has anyone else installed a rear strut brace on a 4-Door? GOT PICS?

Otherwise as soon as my busted hand is strong enough I will be ripping out the panels and other stuff and go exploring...i'll take pics!

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah man, i know the only way to get to the rear strut towers is by pushing back seats foward, and romoving rear speaker deck.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
Alright... I got a question.

Today I received my rear brace (5dr). I just wanted to checkout the rear towers, so I went to remove the speaker covers, and removed them halfway, because i was afraid of breaking the thing.

Now, should I remove the carpet lining all around for easier access? I just removed one plastic ''bolt'' that holds the lining and it wasnt enough. I didnt feel like taking the whole carpet apart today, so i stopped and put it back.

So, how much carpet should I actually remove in order to install my bar? (and no one say i have to trim the speaker covers, because I KNOW)

:) thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
KewlKat -- On the 5 door, with the Mussa rear you only have to trim the bottom corners of the speaker covers ;) and trim the carpet lining back there, too. I installed one on my 02 XD GT.

There are some pics in a post I made at the bottom of this page of this thread: http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65383. If you have more questions, please feel free to PM me and I can answer any questions. :)

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
KeWLKaT said:
Alright... I got a question.

Today I received my rear brace (5dr). I just wanted to checkout the rear towers, so I went to remove the speaker covers, and removed them halfway, because i was afraid of breaking the thing.

Now, should I remove the carpet lining all around for easier access? I just removed one plastic ''bolt'' that holds the lining and it wasnt enough. I didnt feel like taking the whole carpet apart today, so i stopped and put it back.

So, how much carpet should I actually remove in order to install my bar? (and no one say i have to trim the speaker covers, because I KNOW)

:) thanks.
On the 5 door there is a hidden screw for the strut tower speaker cover. You have to remove the leather side bolster seat back. The following DIY is for spring install, but explains the removal:

http://elantragtclub.tripod.com/elantra/id352.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts