Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out a place to put a 7-8" touchscren monitor in the gls, my original idea was the steering wheel, but i dont think i am that crazy yet, and second place was sunvisor, but i want to hear your ideas on where i should put it, it have to be within comfortable arms lenth for touch screen, so give me any suggestions u guys might have.. thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its also sucidle and highly illegal, i even took out the airbag planning on doing it, but i came to my sense going to put the airbag in today, hopefully it wont explode in my face... :D

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
yeah, no airbag means dead zero, and dead zero means no jager for zero, and no jager for zero makes zero a duuulllll boy

:)

shawn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jlivan said:
I did not know....why did you suggest it in the first place?
i suggested it cause it was the best place to have it for touchscreen i think, its the easiest to reach, it would be kool for a show car, but for street, its not very safe, and easy way to get a ticket.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
:) i agree too!!! or three!!!

shawn :)

p.s. i saw his car last night, its not too big to fit in the dash, but i don't think he likes the idea of hvac in the glovebox, BUT zero, we can put it in the center console!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SuperGLS said:
Why not put it in the dash like Sed? Or is it too big?

Otherwise I'd go passenger side visor.
i already have an indash lcd in the dash, the thing is its hard to find a indash VGA lcd, i would still like to leave the one i have there and put in another screen for me to control i think i might move it to the sunvisor for the touchscreen, and leave my indash where it is, that way when i need to control is i can just flip the visor down, i just wanted to know if there was a better place than that, cause i gotta figure out how to hide all the wires comping out of a touchscreen lcd

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
You don't bro. The only way you can really hide the wires is if you competely redo the sunvisor, I still don't think thats a good idea. Driving along and you need to change some kind of control on your touchpad, so you drop the sunvisor, completely taking your eyes off the road and start fiddling???

Better to put it in the steering wheel, at least then you can look up and not see a 7" screen instead of the road!

take the one you have, and we'll move it to the side of the wheel and then put a touch screen just like mine with the hvac in the glovebox...

We'll do it this weekend if you want, all you have to do is buy the jager!

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you're willing to disable the passenger airbag, you can cut and mold the panel that normally opens when the airbag deploys. If you angle it well, and I'm assuming the LCD is TFT, I think it should be fine. The only problem is that if your arms are short (like mine... stupid asian genetics), you might not be able to reach it.

My 2 cents

Black04gt

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
black,

instead of disabling it, why not cut into the dash BELOW the airbag, since there is a good 8 inches clearance behind there :)

great thinking though

but we already figured out what we are doing with his car.. be on the lookout for another sed original interior!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well guys thanks for all your suggestions, i think i have finally decided where to put my touchscreen lcd, i did a quick draft today, and i think it looks hot, Sed agrees, i will let you guys know more later on, lots of mods coming in the next few months, i will try to put up a guide for everybody if i can find the time when i am done, but keep those ideas coming, thanks...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts