Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you all know i have a GB going for some door marker lenses on this site - If you don't you better go have look :)

Right now i'm looking to see if it would be viable for me to set up something with a local bodykit center to produce brand new replacement grilles for the XD pretty much the same as what Tricked was making lil while back

If there is enough interest in these then i will look into it further
Here's pic of grille Tricked was doing lil while back to give everyone general idea

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
is that for the gt or gls. also is it the 01-03 or for the 04's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vabeach_03 said:
is that for the gt or gls. also is it the 01-03 or for the 04's?
The grilles would fit both the GT and GLS models
These would be for the 01-03 models to start with
Maybe in time i could look into doing something for the 04-

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i can see how you could of misread what i meant so changed it
I meant for the markers - sorry

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
04 elantra cvvt said:
What if I was able to send to a stock 04 GLS grill for you to do your testing with? I happen to have one laying around that I was going to try to do something with. But I not only don't have the tools, but I am struggling to find the time as well.
Yeah that would mean they go ahead a LOT sooner
I'll talk to couple places next week and see when they can do this and the $$$ involved

·
Registered
3 Posts
2XDreme said:
Most of you all know i have a GB going for some door marker lenses on this site - If you don't you better go have look :)

Right now i'm looking to see if it would be viable for me to set up something with a local bodykit center to produce brand new replacement grilles for the XD pretty much the same as what Tricked was making lil while back

If there is enough interest in these then i will look into it further
Here's pic of grille Tricked was doing lil while back to give everyone general idea
Intrested. Let me know for more info.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have sent an e-mail off to one of the better known shops around here
if i don't here anything by Wednesday i will personally call Lii myself

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I'm not sure about it being able to fit both GT and GLS models. One of them is gonna look like crap, cause it won't meet the bumper surround correctly... or am I misunderstanding this?

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
2XDreme said:
The grilles would fit both the GT and GLS models
These would be for the 01-03 models to start with
Maybe in time i could look into doing something for the 04-
You do know that there is a difference between the gls and the gt grills right? The gls is flat across the bottom edge where the gt comes to a small point right in the middle. A gls grill will fit on a gt but you would have a gap where the bumper dips down to accept the point on the grill. Personally I would not want a grill designed for a gls going on my gt. With the prices that will probably be charged for this I would want something that will fit like oem.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Why you guys over there have to be so difficult lol
We only have 1 grill over here so didn't know that
I'll have look tomoz at which grill is on my car as middle of night here now
Whichever one i have will get made and if guys with different grill series to mine want them then someone will need to donate grill for mouldings

oh hang on i know which one i have hehe

After looking at Tricked's grill again i see what you mean

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Yea, that's the GT style grille in the picture. It will not fit a GLS, as that point in the bottom would collide with the bumper. Glad we got that all cleared up. You might want to recount the number of interested people now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As stated after i talk to Lii and find out pricings etc i'll et ya's know and if you want them made for GLS then someone will need to donate a grill
Pretty much same as 04 elantra cvvt is willing to do to get the 04 series made

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
2XDreme said:
Why you guys over there have to be so difficult lol
We only have 1 grill over here so didn't know that
I'll have look tomoz at which grill is on my car as middle of night here now
Whichever one i have will get made and if guys with different grill series to mine want them then someone will need to donate grill for mouldings

oh hang on i know which one i have hehe

After looking at Tricked's grill again i see what you mean
I want the GT front bumper molding without the orange lens in them..Or how about you make a custom clear bumper lens for the GT like the door lens you made.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts