Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi people.

I have just discovered that you can use APC 9.3mm High Performance plug wires from a 92-00 Civic EX on a BetaII!!!!! There is slight modification needed, you have to push the small boot at the top of the wire all the way to the rubber surround so it will fit, but I have had these on for 24 hours now with my new iridiam plugs and it is SWEET!!!

Oh yeah, price should be around 50 - 60, I got mine at Pepboys.

pics:

thought I would share.... Enjoy

shawn :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok,

you have the rubber surrounds that go over the top of the oil seal, then you have the plastic part that goes actually onto the plug, inbetween the two is a rubber "seal" that you can push towards the top of the wire... You have to make sure it is ALL the way to the top for the right fitment.

If you need more info, I'll take pics

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I'm gonna pick up a set of these and if I can't figure it out I'll post again. Good looking out on the mod! Do you know if they're available in red? Or is blue the only color?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

hope this helps

stock plug wires are 7 mm and are made out of rubber and copper. these wires are made out of kevlar and silicone and are 9.3 mm. Bigger wires & better conductors= much more current. iridium plugs run cooler and conduct more electricity than platinum and double platinum meaning more current to the plug, better spark in the plug, more power.

but dyno =1.5 to 2 whp

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Which is better? Iridium plugs or the NGK ones? I have the 04 CVVT motor. Also, do you think these wires will fit my application?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NGK makes iridium plugs, thats the type i have in my car. I'm not sure if the wires will fit your car unfortunately, since I have an 01, but I wouldn't think that Hyundai would change the length of the spark plug tube simply because of CVVT...

Oh and Iridium - is a type of metal, and they are the best plugs you can buy. period.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the part number for NGK Iridium plugs?

·
Registered
687 Posts
sed said:
NGK makes iridium plugs, thats the type i have in my car. I'm not sure if the wires will fit your car unfortunately, since I have an 01, but I wouldn't think that Hyundai would change the length of the spark plug tube simply because of CVVT...

Oh and Iridium - is a type of metal, and they are the best plugs you can buy. period.

I have them there great

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
acr57 yes they will fit

2004 GLS:

part number BKR5EIX-11 Stock number - 5464

Shawn :)

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Great! Thanks a lot, Shawn. As soon as I have some extra money I'll pick up a set of those plugs and those Wires as well.

Axel

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Good lookin' out bro. It's nice to know that I have some options that I can easily pick up from my local auto parts store if I ever decide to change my plug wires. :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem at all.... I am here to help all make nice, fast elantras..

Its what we all want right?

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
or you could spend 40 more dollars and get a set of plugs with a lifetime warrenty... and that are not made by APC. Im not buying anything electronic from a company sued for causing fires with faulty wiring.Only problem is you can't pick up magnecor from your local parts house. What resistance do those things have sence there is more length than stock. They do look good btw.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts