Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Third tattoo. Took 9 hours. People don't believe it's real when they first see it, since it's so detailed. It honestly looks like a decal. Sweet as hell. My artist JaxN did it.

Edit:pics are bad and aren't doing it justice, damnit :mad:

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TBurton said:
Nice heart-o-gram. CKY represent!
Eekkkk......it is a heartagram but it has nothing to do with CKY or Bam. Other than Bam loves HIM(Finnish rock band) as do I. He uses thier logo on all of his stuff since he is friends with Ville(lead singer of HIM) and has permission.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
i like it.....i was gonna have one put on my leg too but i decided 2 was enough. No more tats for me! That is really nice work!

·
Registered
497 Posts
He did a great job...looks good.

--NY

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll be sure to let him know how you guys feel next time I see him, he'll appreciate it.
At one time there were around 12 people watching him do it, everyone was amazed at it. I'm certainly happy with the money I spent on it :nosthumbs

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
how much? *Cringe* . . by the way can you please explain the meaning of it if any? in detail?

im confused . . . im not trying to be prejudice but i certainly am ignorant on this point . . . is it just me or does this all have satanic or witch or whatever LOOKING over/undertones? not the tattoo . . the "heartogram"??? and the HIM or whatever . . . what kind of correlation does this symbol have to a PENTagram??? im way lost on this guys and i just want to understand your point of view black . . ive gathered that cky and him and all that are bands right? but im still a bit lost . . thanks

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'll explain the HIM part, since there isn't A LOT of info in english out there about them. They are a band from Finland. They aren't satanic or anything. They are much against that. The heartagram is thier logo. There are many different reasonings behind it. 1)The pentagram was never meant to be in 'cahoots' with the devil. It was a purely heavy metal symbol. People called heavy metal 'satanic' so they symbol, over time was mistaken as a symbol of the devil.
2)The heartagram is a combination of the pentagram and a heart. HIM classifies their music as 'love metal.' So a heart is the universal symbol of love and the pentagram is the symbol of metal.
3)They have also said since love is generally meant as 'good' and metal is generally looked at as 'evil,' the heartagram stands for a good/evil thing, sort of like a yin and yang symbol.
I've been a fan of HIM for a while now, and their music has helped me out A LOT of tough personal times. I know that sounds so cliche, but it's true. There are tons of correlations between Ville's(lead singer) lyrics and feelings and circumstances in my life. Their music will always be a part of my life. I met the band after their D.C. show and they were totally cool, further solidifying my 'fanship.'
As for the CKY thing. It's mainly a band. CKY stands for Camp Kill Youself. No, they aren't satanic either. One of the founders(Deron Miller) is a huge Sleepaway Camp(80s horror movie) and fan, and general horror movie fan, so he picked that name. They go by CKY. The other founder, drummer Jess Margera is big brother to professional skater, Bam Margera. Bam made a series of tapes with his friends in West Chester Pa, called CKY 1-4. MTV then, from seeing these tapes and how popular they were, KIND OF bought the rights and used Bam and some of his friends for their show Jackass. MTV joined Bam and Johnny Knoxville. The show was basically Bam and the rest of the CKY crew's idea, though, Knoxville generally gets credit for it.
Bam know has his own show, Viva La Bam on MTV, though he is havng disagreements with them on how they are editing it, so he is probably gonna leave the network soon.
Bam has been a huge fan of HIM and has directed a couple of their videos overseas. I'd say about 50% of the US HIM fans know about the band because of Bam using thier music in the CKY videos. He also uses the heartagram A LOT in his work, so people who don't know automatically think it's Bam's symbol, or the Bamagram.
Whew......I'm out of breath. I think I covered it all. I'm not satanic and I'm not into satanic stuff. Though at the same time, I'm not really religious either.

Price.....eh......first think about this.....regular tattoo artists work is about 80 or so hour, so if that was the case it would've been about 750 or so. It wasn't. I paid $400 plus of course a generous tip. He has done two tattoos on me, and his girlfriend has done one for me. I enjoy both of their work and will keep going back to them.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
you DO actually know the pentagram wasnt made or didnt show up all of a sudden for and or because of metal right? . . . the pentagram is older than all our grandmothers put together . . . just thought id straighten that out

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Interesting stuff on the band I had wondered about that as well but the pentagram has been around a lot longer than rock music. It has religous meanings and this will explain better than I can History of the pentagram

Edit:
See what happens when you do a little research, someone beats you to the punch.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should've explained myself a little better. I know the pentagram has been around a hella long time. However it's relationship with heavy metal/rock music is one of those
'wrong place, wrong time thing.' A few bands used the pentagram just as a thing to put on records or on banners on stage, and didn't really mean for it to become a satan worship thing. However 'regular' folk automatically assumed that. It now is any band or any person who has a pentagram on a shirt or anything is now automatically labled as a 'Devil Worshiper.' Kind of like how the swastika is not originally a Nazi logo. I forget what it officially means, but it has nothing to do with hate or killing people. However since Hitler used it on his bullsh*t, 95% of people only think that it is a Nazi symbol, and if you have it on your body or whatever, you are a Nazi.
If Bin Laden released a tape today with him wearing a shirt with the pi symbol, everyone would start calling it Bin Laden's logo, and it would no longer mean the number '3.14.....'

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The swastika was also a religious symbol, without looking it up I think that it was a representation of the foot print of Buddah. That is before the nazis got a hold of it. It's a shame to think that a devout buddist displaying the symbol could be arrested in Germany because of their "interesting" laws concerning anything Nazi.

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
Yeah, if anyone is into those old school Shaolin monk movies, you can see the swastika in their temples

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Under Germmany's anti-nazi regulations those poor monks would be worshiping from jail. Now don't take this as support for nazism, which I am totally against. I just want to point out that zero tolerance is very close minded and is discriminatory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts