Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome to the site, any pics, and how have you 'done up' your car so far?

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
Welcome to the site Rhiannon, there's heaps of inspiration and knowledge here!
Post some pics if you can. :thumbsup:
Obligatory questions: What color, transmission, sedan or hatch?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey,
its a manual, hatch and 'mystic teal' according to hyundai (more a really dark bluey green). I've put a sports exhaust on it, side skirts, spoiler, bonnet scoop and a new stereo, sub etc. At the moment all the photos of my car are too big to put up but i'll try making them smaller. I want to get more power out of the car but not too sure how to do it at this stage and I'd like to have the exhaust going the whole way through not just the muffler and I'd really like to find some different tail lights but I don't think they exist. :( Anyway i'll go and find some photos to put up!!!
I know a few people called tessa i don't have any close friends called tessa though sorry

I found some photos taken outside a friends house i've put them into the gallery section!!!
if you think of anything i can do to improve it let me know... thanks :cool:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looks good mate. Ever think about a set of Getz or LC2 Accent side markers, or in Australian, blinkers for the mudguards? They are the same only white / clear and I got a some new from my dealer for 30 bucks or so. Just a thought. Very easy to fit, takes minutes.

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
mudguards john? ;)
Yeah some white side indicators on the fenders would be good. Maybe some tint as well?
You can get the 2004-2006 model tail lights they're the only other option at the moment, see:

Regarding more power, the car responds very well to the I/H/E (Intake, Headers [Extractors], & Exhaust) formula.
Have a read of this if you haven't already:
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4934
It's FordFaster's "7 whp & 14 ft.lb wtq DIY"

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
that's ok, a great friend of mine from school in Canberra was a Tessa, and had a friend named Rhianna or Rhiannon...I only met her a few times, so I never really remembered which variation it was, just thought I would check anyway.

It's cool that you're from Canberra. Where are you in Canberra. I used to live in Monash, then I moved to Calwell (where my sister currently lives with her husband).

Anyway, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

·
Registered
565 Posts
i love your side skirts and lip kit... that looks hot.... I want something like that for my car...Once all the snow is gone that is....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, i'll definately look into clear indicators and tint i just don't know where to take it so it doesn't end up all bubbly... I have thought about getting the 2004 lights i just don't know if they will sell them to me for an 02.
I live in Bruce so over the otherside.
Which school did you go to?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Buy the lights online

THats what i did. I went through shark racing and had no major issues. got headlights, fog lights & tail lights.

Took a little while to get but they fit perfectly

·
Registered
553 Posts
The side indicators your dealer could have next day, if ya lucky ( mine did ) Not to discourage you from buying stuff from Korea, I have and it all went well. As for ` mudguards` Seiny, I call a head unit ` the wireless` true story..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't heard to much about convenant college! i know roughly where it is and thats about it.
I was thinking i might head down to the dealer on monday and see what i can find... i don't think i could take waiting for the post if i didn't want to but there are a few other things i'm looking at from sharkracing.
does anyone know roughly how much i should expect to pay for tinting? i want it dark but still legal.
hey aussieXD2 its the 2002 spoiler the one that was available from hyundai before your model came out, i like the spoilers that came out with yours i was thinking of swapping. are you north side or south?? you weren't parked at UC a couple of weeks ago were you? i swear i parked next to a car identical to yours!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
elantrachic said:
I haven't heard to much about convenant college! i know roughly where it is and thats about it.
I was thinking i might head down to the dealer on monday and see what i can find... i don't think i could take waiting for the post if i didn't want to but there are a few other things i'm looking at from sharkracing.
does anyone know roughly how much i should expect to pay for tinting? i want it dark but still legal.
hey aussieXD2 its the 2002 spoiler the one that was available from hyundai before your model came out, i like the spoilers that came out with yours i was thinking of swapping. are you north side or south?? you weren't parked at UC a couple of weeks ago were you? i swear i parked next to a car identical to yours!!!
I live south side but im a student at UC. 1st year BIT & Commerce. WOW, what are the odds??? I got my tinting done at a place in Philip:
http://yellowpages.com.au/onlineSolution_moreInfo.do?z=302606&iblName=Top+Cat+Sunroofs+and+Window+Tinting&iblId=4406173&authToken=10ed5d2cab3%7Cffa536903c70c88aeba09f3315814115&st=cs
They charged me $250 and that was 35%, darkest legal. Definately worth it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks i'll definately look into the tinting now i have somewhere who will do a good job, thats not a bad price either. i'm 3rd year tourism management i was going to a leadership exam, i was really happy when i saw your car coz i didn't know anyone else was doing one up in Canberra

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've seen a couple of done up elantra's around canberra but I dont think they know about elantraxd.com, pity really.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts